Cactus Jack (band)
|Genres||Hard rock, rock, pop rock, funk rock|
|Years active||1998 – present|
|Labels||One Records, PGP-RTS|
|Associated acts||Karizma, Alogia|
|Past members||Vladimir Jezdimirović
1998 - 2012: Vladimir Jezdimirović years
The band, originally named Caramba, was formed at the end of 1998 by Stevan Birak (guitar), Miodrag Krudulj (bass guitar), Vladimir Jezdimirović (vocals) and Dušan Gnjidić (a former Kontrabanda member, drums).
Initially, the band performed mostly soundtracks from Quentin Tarantino's movies. In 1999, they adopted their current name, Cactus Jack. The band chose their name after the UK and Australia release name of the 1979 film The Villain. In February 2002, the band released their debut live/cover album DisCover, which featured cover of songs by various rock artists. During 2002, they toured with Riblja Čorba as the opening band. In 2003, they released EP Grad (The City) which featured three songs, "Grad", "Godine za plakanje" and "Nekada", and a video for the song "Nekada". In May 2003, they released the double live album, Deep Purple Tribute. The band's new member, Zoran Samuilov, played the keyboards, while Vlada Džet, Vicko Milatović, and Vladan Vučković appeared on the album as guest musicians. On December 7, 2003, they performed as an opening band on Deep Purple concert in Belgrade. In 2004, they released their first full-length studio album Natur all. In October 2005, the band released Mainscream, on which they incorporated power pop elements into their hard rock sound.
2012 - 2015: Bojana Racić years
In the early 2010s, Jezdimirović left the band. He was replaced by female vocalist Bojana Racić, with whom the band turned towards pop rock/funk rock sound. With Racić, the band recorded covers of several pop songs. The recordings, although available on Stevan Birak's official YouTube channel, were never officially released.
The band celebrated their 15th anniversary on December 21, 2013, with a concert in Pančevo Cultural Centre. The concert featured Jezdimirović as a special guest.
2015: Paja Bogdanović
In April 2015, the band announced new activity in the new lineup, featuring Stevan Birak on guitar, Miodrag Krudulj on bass guitar, former Stereo Tip member Paja Bogdanović (vocals), former Karizma member Dragan Živković "Pizzi" and Alogia member Mladen Gošić on keyboards. The band announced new performances and the recording of the new studio album.
- Grad (2003)
- Cactus Jack biography at barikada.com
- "Cactus Jack (2) - disCover". Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- "Cactus Jack (2) - Grad". Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- "Cactus Jack (2) - Deep Purple Tribute". Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- "Cactus Jack (2) - Natur All". Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- "Cactus Jack (2) - MainScream". Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- "Cactus Jack - About - Facebook". Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- "stevan birak". Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- "Cactus Jack koncertom slave petnaestogodišnjicu", timemachinemusic.org Archived December 20, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Nova postava Cactus Jack-a premijerno u Beogradu". 9 April 2015. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- EX YU ROCK enciklopedija 1960-2006, Janjatović Petar; ISBN 978-86-905317-1-4