|Cactus Petes Resort Casino|
Exterior view of Cactus Petes, the largest hotel in Jackpot, Nevada
|Location||Jackpot, Nevada, U.S.|
|Address||1385 U.S. Route 93|
|No. of rooms||296|
|Total gaming space||24,827 sq ft (2,306.5 m2)|
|Owner||Gaming and Leisure Properties|
|Operating license holder||Penn National Gaming|
Cactus Petes Resort Casino is a hotel and casino located in Jackpot, Nevada. It is owned by Gaming and Leisure Properties and operated by Penn National Gaming. It has 296 rooms and 24,827 sq ft (2,306.5 m2) of casino floor space. The casino offerings include more than 600 slot machines, including reels, video poker, video reels and video keno; two gaming pits featuring 20 table games; a seven-table live poker room and a keno lounge and sports book.
After Idaho outlawed all forms of casino gaming in 1954, "Cactus Pete" Piersanti moved his slot machine operations from Idaho to the Jackpot town site less than 1 mile (0.6 km) from the Idaho/Nevada border on U.S. Route 93. Piersanti's gaming establishment was named Cactus Pete's Desert Lodge. The establishment of Cactus Pete's and the nearby Horseshu Club in the same year is considered the founding of the town of Jackpot.
In 1991, Cactus Pete's completed a $22 million hotel and casino expansion making the property become one of the largest gaming facilities in Elko County. Designed by Steelman Partners, the expansion included adding a 10 story hotel tower, restaurants and an Olympic-sized swimming pool.
Cactus Pete's is one of the largest employers in Southern Idaho.
In 1993, Ameristar Casinos was founded as the parent company of Cactus Pete's and Ameristar Casino Vicksburg.
In August 2013, the property became part of Pinnacle Entertainment when that company acquired Ameristar Casinos. In April 2016, the property was sold to Gaming and Leisure Properties along with almost all of Pinnacle's real estate assets, and leased back to Pinnacle. Penn National Gaming acquired the operations of Cactus Pete's in October 2018 as part of the acquisition of Pinnacle.
Casino games include slot machines and table games tables including Royal Match Blackjack tables, Crap tables, Let it Ride Bonus tables, 3-Card Poker games, Roulette and Ultimate Texas Hold'em. The Texas Hold'em poker room also hosts weekly tournaments.
Cactus Petes offers a variety of entertainment. The casino has a cabaret lounge that has band most nights of the week. Cactus Petes also has both an indoor concert hall called the Gala Showroom and an outdoor amphitheater. Concerts held at Cactus Petes have ranged from ZZ Top to The Beach Boys and from Willie Nelson to Chubby Checker.
- "Listing of Financial Statements Square Footage". Nevada Gaming Control Board. Retrieved May 28, 2015.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-05-19. Retrieved 2012-05-31.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Ameristar Casinos - About Ameristar - History Archived 2008-07-26 at the Wayback Machine
- "Ameristar Casinos - Horseshu". Archived from the original on 2008-07-26. Retrieved 2008-07-28.
- Jackpot, Nevada, A Visitor's Guide
- Howard Stutz (May 29, 2013). "FTC questions Pinnacle Entertainment's bid for Ameristar Casinos". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- Howard Stutz (August 14, 2013). "Pinnacle Entertainment completes $2.8 billion buyout of Ameristar Casinos". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- "Gaming and Leisure Properties, Inc. reaches agreement with Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc. to acquire Pinnacle's real estate assets" (Press release). Gaming and Leisure Properties. July 21, 2015 – via GlobeNewswire.
- "Gaming and Leisure Properties, Inc. completes the previously announced acquisition of the real estate assets of Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc" (Press release). Pinnacle Entertainment. April 28, 2016. Archived from the original on 2016-08-22. Retrieved 2016-07-22.
- "Penn National Gaming buys Pinnacle Entertainment, including 2 casinos in Jackpot, Nev". Times-News. Twin Falls, ID. October 16, 2018. Retrieved 2018-10-16.