This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article possibly contains original research. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The CPF number (Cadastro de Pessoas Físicas, [sepeˈɛfi]; Portuguese for "Natural Persons Register") is the Brazilian individual taxpayer registry identification. This number is attributed by the Brazilian Federal Revenue to Brazilians and resident aliens who, directly or indirectly, pay taxes in Brazil. It is an 11-digit number in the format 000.000.000-00.
- CNPJ – National Registry of Legal Entities
- National identification number (section Brazil)
- Brazilian identity card
- Social Security number (a similar number in the USA)
- National Insurance number (a similar number in the United Kingdom)
- SNILS (a similar number in Russia)
- Social Insurance Number (a similar number in Canada)
- INSEE code (a similar number in France)
- PPSN (a similar number in Ireland)
- Tax file number (a similar number in Australia)
- Aadhaar (a similar number in India)
- Identity Card
- "What is a CPF or a CNPJ? How to get one and what you should know". TransferWise. 2017-12-26. Retrieved 2020-10-19.
- (in Portuguese) Receita Federal – Cadastro de Pessoas Físicas – CPF – Federal Revenue site, CPF issuing page.
- (in Portuguese) Gerador e Validador de CPFs para desenvolvedores de sites – CPF generator for webpage development.
- (in Portuguese) Gerador de CPF para fins de validação e testes[permanent dead link] – CPF generator for test and validation.
- CPF Algorithm