Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
|Founded||Bedford, Bedfordshire (1991)|
|Headquarters||Stevenage, Hertfordshire, U.K.|
Cadcorp Web Map Layers
Computer Aided Development Corporation Ltd. (Cadcorp) is a British owned and run company established in 1991. Cadcorp has its headquarters in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, U.K.. Cadcorp has a network of distributors and value added resellers (VARs) around the world.
Cadcorp is an ISO 9001:2000 and ISO/IEC 27001:2005 certified company, an Oracle Corporation partner, a Microsoft SQL Server Spatial Partner, an Ordnance Survey Licensed Developer Partner, and a corporate member of the Association for Geographic Information (AGI) in the U.K..
Cadcorp’s first product was a Microsoft Windows-based CAD system called Wincad. All rights to the product were sold in 1994. Wincad development and maintenance, carried out latterly by Informatix Inc., Japan, through their UK subsidiary under the brand name MicroGDS, was stopped in March 2013. After selling Wincad, Cadcorp moved on to developing geographic information system (GIS) software. The first version of Cadcorp SIS – Spatial Information System ("Cadcorp SIS") was released in 1995.
Cadcorp SIS has applications in the following UK markets
- Government (local, municipal and central)
- Emergency Services
- Land and Property
- Oil and Gas
- National Mapping Agencies
Open Geospatial Consortium
Cadcorp has been a member of the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) since 1997. In 2004, Cadcorp’s technical director, Martin Daly was awarded the OGC Kenneth G. Gardels Award, made annually to an individual who has made outstanding contributions to advancing the OGC vision of geographic information fully integrated into the worlds information systems.
Several versions of the Cadcorp SIS product suite are certified OGC compliant in the categories of:
- Simple Features for OLE/COM
- Grid Coverage Service
- Coordinate Transformation Service
- Web Map Service
- Web Feature Service
Cadcorp SIS also implements support for:
Cadcorp SIS is available in different forms:
- "Cadcorp Global Distributors and VARs". Archived from the original on 2008-04-07. Retrieved 2008-03-26.
- "Cadcorp ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 certification". Archived from the original on 2010-08-14. Retrieved 2008-03-26.
- "Oracle Spatial Partners". Archived from the original on 2007-11-23. Retrieved 2008-03-26.
- Microsoft Spatial Partners
- Ordnance Survey Licensed Partner page Archived June 6, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "AGI Corporate Members Directory entry". Archived from the original on 2007-08-28. Retrieved 2008-03-26.
- Informatix Inc., developer of MicroGDS (Wincad)
- Informatix Software International
- "MicroGDS". microgds.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-04-25.
- Changing hands at Cadcorp
- "Cadcorp case studies". Archived from the original on 2008-04-11. Retrieved 2008-03-26.
- "OGC Members | OGC". www.opengeospatial.org. Retrieved 2018-04-25.
- Kenneth G. Gardels Citation for Martin Daly
- Kenneth G. Gardels award
- Cadcorp OGC compliance records
- OGC Simple Features for OLE/COM
- OGC Grid Coverage Service
- OGC Coordinate Transformation Service
- OGC Web Map Context
- Cadcorp desktop products
- Cadcorp server products
- Cadcorp web mapping products
- Cadcorp developer tools
- Cadcorp specialised applications