From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Cadence or cadence in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Cadence may refer to:
- Intonation (linguistics), the variation of pitch in speech.
- Speech tempo, the rate or speed at which a language is spoken
- Cadence (music), a melodic and/or harmonic configuration at the end of a phrase, section, or piece of music
- Cadence (poetry), the rhythmic pacing of literary language
- Cadence Magazine, a monthly review of jazz, blues and improvised music
- Cadence Jazz Records, a record label issued by the above magazine
- Cadence Records, an American record label during the 1940s and 50s
- Cadence rampa, a modern Haitian méringue, popularized by saxophone player Webert Sicot, also known as kadans in Creole
- Cadence Weapon, a rap artist from Edmonton, Alberta, San Luis Potosí
- Cadence-lypso, Dominica's kadans
- Military cadence, a chant that is sung by military personnel while marching
- Drum cadence, a work played exclusively by the percussion section of a modern marching band
- Cadence (cycling), the number of revolutions of the crankset per minute
- Cadence Design Systems, an electronic design automation company
- Cadence (film), a 1990 film directed by Martin Sheen
- Cadence (gait), the number of steps per minute
- Cadence (given name), a girl's name.
- Cadence Industries, publishing company formed in the 1970s that owned Marvel Comics
- Cadence, or DJ Cadence, a fictional DJ in the online virtual game Club Penguin
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Cadence.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.