A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||October 1, 2016(as National Grid Gas Distribution Ltd.)|
|Headquarters||Coventry, United Kingdom|
|West Midlands, North West England, East of England and North London|
|Steve Fraser, Chief Executive Officer|
|Owner||A consortium (that holds 61%) including: Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets, CIC Capital, Allianz Capital Partners, Hermes Investment Management, Qatar Investment Authority|
and National Grid plc (39%)
Number of employees
Cadent Gas owns, operates and maintains the largest gas distribution network in the UK, transporting gas to 11 million homes and businesses across West Midlands, North West England, East of England and North London.
The company does not produce or own the gas that passes through their pipeline networks but 50% of UK gas customers are served by their pipeline system.
In 2017/18 Cadent Gas Limited replaced and improved 1,625 km of mains pipe.
Cadent Gas Limited represents four of the eight gas distribution networks in the United Kingdom. Following production and importation, all gas in the UK passes through National Grid’s national transmission system, before entering the distribution networks. The distribution network providers, one of which is Cadent Limited, are responsible for the safe and efficient transportation of the gas to the end consumer, on behalf of the chosen supplier.
The company also manages the national gas emergency service free phone line on behalf of the gas industry in the UK, taking calls and giving safety advice on behalf of the industry. In 2017/18 1.952 million gas emergency calls were answered.
The company invests in raising awareness of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning through community and school initiatives as well as improving services to protect and support customers in vulnerable situations.
In 2017, the company launched a two-year fundraising partnership with Alzheimer’s Society and committed to creating 1,000 Dementia Friends and also raising £100,000 company-wide for the charity. Cadent Gas Limited also sponsor ‘EmployAbility - Let’s Work Together’ scheme which changes young disabled peoples’ lives for the better. It is founded on relationships with local schools, Dorothy Goodman in Leicestershire and Oakwood, Woodlands and Exhall Grange in Warwickshire. It is an employee-led supported internship scheme for young people aged 17 to 19. Since the scheme began in 2014 an average of 71% of interns gained paid employment either with them or with other local companies, compared to the national average of 6%. The company was recently awarded ‘Most Supportive Employer’ by the National Autistic Society.
In 2018, Cadent Gas Limited were awarded for being the top UK Company for apprentices to work and amongst the top 20 companies for Graduates. 
1997: Demerger of Centrica from British Gas
2000: Demerger of Lattice from British Gas
2002: Merger of National Grid and Lattice
2005: Sale of four gas distribution networks, and adoption of National Grid as the single name for principal businesses
2016: Creation of National Grid Gas Distribution Ltd as part of National Grid
2017: Sale of a majority stake of National Grid Gas Distribution in March, with operations beginning under the Cadent brand from May
- Penfold, Simon (2 May 2017). "New look for National Grid Gas business in £13bn deal". Express and Star. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- "Our history". Cadent Gas.
- "Cadent Gas Limited Regulatory Accounts 2017/18" (PDF). Retrieved 2019-11-14.
- "50+ years working in the industry - and still shocked at times by level of gas safety awareness". Retrieved 14 November 2019.
- "Strategic Performance Overview RIIO-GD1 Annual Monitoring 2017/18" (PDF). Retrieved 2019-11-14.
- "Cadent's £100,000 fundraising pipeline for Alzheimer's Society". Retrieved 14 November 2019.
- "Our partners". EmployAbility - Let's work together. Retrieved 2019-11-14.
- https://www.exhallgrange.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Autism-award-Cov-Mar-2018.pdf /
- "Top 50 Apprentice Employers". TheJobCrowd. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "EX-15.1". www.sec.gov. Retrieved 2019-11-14.
- "Utility Week – National Grid Gas Distribution reveals new name". utilityweek.co.uk. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/gas-distribution-company-serving-lincolnshire-sold-for-13-billion-to-become-independent/story-30307361-detail/story.html[permanent dead link]
Media related to Cadent Gas at Wikimedia Commons
|This United Kingdom-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|