Location of Cadet, Missouri
|Elevation||801 ft (244 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
Cadet is an unincorporated community in Union Township in eastern Washington County, Missouri, United States. Cadet is located on Missouri Route 47 between Old Mines to the west and Bonne Terre to the southeast. The village is about 6 miles (10 km) northeast of Potosi.
Cadet had its start when the railroad was extended to that point. A post office called Cadet has been in operation since 1859. It is unknown why the name "Cadet" was applied to this community.
- GNIS data for Cadet, Missouri
- Missouri Atlas & Gazetteer, DeLorme, 1998, First edition, p. 48 ISBN 0-89933-224-2
- "Cadet - Washington County Missouri".
- "Washington County Place Names, 1928–1945". The State Historical Society of Missouri. Archived from the original on June 24, 2016. Retrieved December 30, 2016.
- "Post Offices". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
|This Washington County, Missouri state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|