Cadet College Kohat
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Cadet College Kohat|
|Motto||From Darkness Unto Light|
In pursuance of the recommendations of the Commission on National Education of the defunct Government of West Pakistan decided to establish another Cadet College to be the third in the province.
In recognition of the military services of the people of the area, Mr. Fateh Khan Bandial, the then Deputy Commissioner, Kohat, requested late Malik Amir Muhammad Khan, H.Pk, H.Q.A., the then Governor of West Pakistan that a Cadet College should be established at Kohat. Mr Fateh Khan acquired 144 acres (0.58 km2) of land for the college. The foundation-stone was laid by late Malik Amir M. Khan, on 19 April 1964.
The first entry of cadets was accepted in April 1965. Academic work started with 58 cadets and one boarding house called Jinnah House. Lt. Col. (Retd.) Faizullah Khattak (late) was its founding Principal.
Cadet College Kohat has a large body of administration. This body of administration has its offices in Admin Block. Adjacent to admin block is the principal's office. Admin Block has the following offices:
- Office of Vice Principal
- Office of Director of Studies
- Office of Controller of Examination
- Office of Adjutant
- Office of Director of Finance
Board of governors
- Patron-in-Chief: Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- GOC 9 Division, Kohat - Chairman
- Mr. Muhammad Humayun Khan, Ex-Minister Finance, KPK - Member
- Mr. Ihsan Ghani, Ex-Cadet - Member
- Base Commander, PAF Base, Kohat - Member
- Director HRD, GHQ, Rawalpindi - Member
- Director Naval Educational Services, NHQ, Islamabad - Member
- Secretary Finance KPK, Peshawar - Member
- Secretary Schools & Literacy NWFP - Member
- District Co-ordination Officer, Kohat - Member
- Principal Cadet College Kohat - Secretary
Cadet College Kohat has double story academic block. Academic Block consists of classrooms, assembly hall (Faizullah Khan Auditorium), Chemistry laboratory, Physics Laboratory (Dr. A. Q. Khan Laboratory), Biology Laboratory and Computer Laboratory. It also has a staff room.
It houses Khursheed digital library, a computer lab, an audio-visual lab and various break out rooms for e-learning activities.
Houses (boarding houses)
The college is divided into six Boarding Houses spreading around the Academic Block in a semicircular shape. Houses are named after personalities of national and regional importance. Each House can accommodate up to 100 cadets and consists of ten small and two large dormitories. Apart from dormitories, there are six single rooms for the appointment holders and distinguished cadets who are selected from amongst the senior Cadets on the basis of their previous record and qualities of leadership. One of the members of the faculty is appointed as an in charge of the House, known as House Master. A house tutor is available to all students during their prep and study times.
|Colours||House||Named after||Motto||Established||Present House Masters|
|Navy Blue||Jinnah||Muhammad Ali Jinnah||Unity, Faith, Discipline||1965||Mr. Zia Ur Rehman|
|Green||Khushal||Khushal Khan Khattak||Die for Honour||1966||Mr. Khuram Abbas|
|Light blue||Iqbal||Allama Muhammad Iqbal||Faith, Action, Fraternity||1966||Mr. Rahatullah|
|Red||Ayub||Field Marshal Muhammad Ayub Khan||Aspire and Achieve||1968||Mr. Abdul Wali khan|
|Light green (originally white)||Munawar||Dr. Munawar Khan Afridi||Enlightened To Serve||1969||Mr. Nauman khan|
|Orange||Rustam||Muhammad Rustam Kayani||Truth, Justice, Integrity||1969||Mr. Muhammad Mazhar Qurashi|
The college is spread over an area of about 144 acres (0.58 km2). The buildings comprise an Academic Block, Admin Block, Multimedia block, six boarding houses (spread around the Academic Block in a semicircular shape), three messes, a mosque, a gymnasium, a cafeteria, a swimming pool, a ten-bed hospital, several sports fields including six football grounds, seven hockey fields, two cricket pitches, six basketball courts, three volleyball courts and two squash courts. The college has residential accommodation for the teaching and administrative staff.
Cadet College Kohat has a rich collection of books in its library named "Khursheed Library"; named after then Principal, Mirza Khurshid Anwar Beg. Under the supervision of a qualified Librarian, the library is providing services to 542 Cadets and 230 College employees. Total Collection of the library is 30,000 books, including Islamic, Reference, Computer, History, Science and Arts Books. Similarly to provide the latest information and to improve the English language of the Cadets, English & Urdu magazines, Journals, Digests, Newspapers etc., of National and International level have also been subscribed for the library. An audio-visual library has been set up with the latest equipment to acquaint the cadets with modern techniques of learning.
The college has a spacious and beautiful mosque. It has recently been renovated. More than 1000 people can pray/accommodate in Masjid Hall.
The college has a twenty-bed hospital along with two isolation rooms for special cases. A full-time medical officer assisted by two dispensers look after the health of cadets. The college hospital has its own ambulance. Cadets are referred to C.M.H. Kohat for medical treatment as well.
Messes / Dining Halls
There are three messes catering for the needs of cadets. The Messing Officer supervises the working of messes. The Caterer looks after the procurement and supply of dry and fresh provisions. Every effort is made to provide a balanced and nutritious diet with several fruits. Meals include breakfast, milk during breakfast, refreshment during break, lunch, evening tea and dinner. Recently Dining Hall has been extended.
- Five alumnui of cadet college kohat have won sword of honour at Pakistan Military Academy(PMA) Kakul, Pakistan Airforce Academy(PAF) Risalpur and Pakistan Naval Academy(PNA) Manora
- More than 30 alumnunui have embraced shahadut while serving in defence and civil forces.
- Asif Sandila, Chief of Naval Staff
- Vice Admiral (R) Tehseen Ullah
- Rear Admiral Ahmed Fauzan
- Commodore(R) Mahmood Ur Rehman
- Air Vice Marshal Ahmed Hassan, Deputy Chief of Air Staff, Engineering (DCAS-E), AHQ
- Group Capt (Retd) ABDUL HAMEED QURESHI
- Lt Gen(Retd) Sabahat Hussain
- Maj Gen (Late) Javed Sultan
- Maj Gen(Retd) Haroon Pasha
- Maj Gen(Retd) Salahuddin, Army medical corps
- Brig Dr. Zaffar Khan Khattak, Army medical corps
- Brig(Retd) Inam ul Haq, Principal cadet college Kohat
- Brig Mushtaq
- Col(Retd) Tahir Najeeb raja, Principal karnal sher khan cadet college swabi
- Senator Anwaar Ul Haq Kakar
- Shibli Faraz, Former Senator and district mayor Kohat
- Malik Muhammad Asad Khan, former District Nazim Kohat and former chairman board of directors Peshawar electric supply company(PESCO)
- Atif Khan, education minister KPK/Muhammad_Atif_(politician)</ref>
- Hamayun Khan, EX-Finance Minister KP
- Brig(retd) Gulistan Janjua, Ex-Governor KPK
- Engr. Shaukatullah Khan, Ex-Governor KPK
- Iqbal Zafar Jhagra, Governor KPK
- Ihsan Ghani, former Inspector General KPK and chairman NACTA
- Tariq Masood Yasin, former Inspector General of the Islamabad Police and additional Inspector General(training) Punjab police
- Khalid Khattak, former Inspector General of the Islamabad Police
- Deputy Inspector General of Police Malik Muhammad Saad Khan Shaheed
- Inam Ghani, former director FIA and national school of public policy Pakistan
- Sajjad Khan bangash, SSP(operations) Peshawar
- Yasir Afridi, SSP(traffic) Peshawar
- Asif bahadar, ASP Sindh police
- Muhammad Azhar, ASP Islamabad police
- Ikram Ghani, Chief Commissioner Income Tax KPK
- Shahzad Bangash (Former Secretary Education KPK)
- Yasir Qayyum (Deputy Secretary Education, KPK)
- Shakil Qadir (Finance Secretary KPK)
- Dr. Muhammad Ayub Roz (Director general health services KPK)
- Prof Dr. Arshad Javaid vice chancellor khyber medical university
- Shahid Khan global director SAP US
- Dr. Zia Ullah
- Ashfaq Ahmad, Vice Principal, Cadet College Warsak
- Maj Gen Zahid Khan 19th entry
- Brig Akhtar Subhan Engrs
Famous Poet Ahmad Faraz has written the College Anthem that is sung only in the Monday morning assembly.
- Military College Jhelum
- PAF Public School Sargodha
- PAF Public School lower topa
- Garrison Cadet College Kohat
- Cadet College Petaro
- Cadet College hasanabdal
- "Official site".
- Rahatullah. "Board Of Governors". www.cck.edu.pk.
- Rahatullah. "Khursheed Digital Library". www.cck.edu.pk.
- Rahatullah. "Sports". www.cck.edu.pk.
- "Admiral Sandila takes charge as new naval chief". onlinenews.com.pk. Archived from the original on 15 April 2012. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- "Commodore Ahmed Fauzan promoted to rank of Rear Admiral".
- "Beyond The Horizon (BTH) Endeavours to Highlight & Promote Goodness of Pakistan. Watch BTH Production on one such great initiative By Commodore (R) Mahmood Ur Rehman - Beyond The Horizon". 4 October 2016.
- "Military awards for personnel of armed forces".
- "Niagara Sixers Award of Excellence – Kohatians Association". kohatiansassociation.org.
- Reporter, The Newspaper's Staff (12 October 2013). "Advisory committee for PC constituted".
- "Another retired general to head FPSC - PU results". www.interface.edu.pk.
- "Gen Sanaullah the 4th general to die fighting militants".
- Correspondent, The Newspaper's Staff (19 July 2014). "1m cases disposed of in 10 years, says ombudsman official".
- "Annual Reunion 2017 – Kohatians Association". kohatiansassociation.org.
- "PML-N activists named in Pesco's new board of directors".
- "Who will be next KP chief minister?".
- Report, Bureau (19 May 2017). "Transfer, posting of six police officers notified".
- Correspondent, The Newspaper's (27 April 2017). "Protests against arrest of girls 'caught cheating' in exams".
- "Dr Ikram Ghani takes office of FBR Member".
- Report, Bureau (28 September 2017). "Major reshuffle in bureaucracy".
- "Shakeel Qadir Given Additional Charge Of Secretary Home, TAs Deptt - Pakistan Point".
- "Dr Ayub Rose appointed DG Health Services".
- "Prof Dr Arshad Javaid Takes Over as VC KMU - Khyber Medical University". www.kmu.edu.pk.