Spring Hill, Tennessee, United States|
Shanghai, China (Shanghai GM)
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact luxury crossover SUV|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
|Layout||Front-engine, front-wheel drive / all-wheel drive|
|Platform||C1XX platform |
|Transmission||AWF8F45 (8-speed automatic with electronic shifter)|
|Wheelbase||112.5 in (2,857 mm)|
|Length||189.6 in (4,815 mm)|
|Width||74.9 in (1,903 mm)|
|Height||65.9 in (1,675 mm)|
The Cadillac XT5 (short for Crossover Touring 5) is a mid-sized / compact luxury / D-seg crossover SUV manufactured by General Motors. It was introduced at both the Dubai Motor Show and LA Auto Show in November 2015. The XT5 replaced the Cadillac SRX crossover when it was launched in spring 2016. It is the second model to use Cadillac's new alphanumeric naming scheme (after the CT6) and the first in the Crossover Touring (XT) series. The XT5 is manufactured at GM's Spring Hill Manufacturing plant. The Chinese-market XT5 is manufactured in Shanghai by SAIC-GM.
The XT5 is currently Cadillac's best selling model in the United States and globally.
The XT5 features technology such as a streaming video rear-view mirror, 360° view backup camera, and the first application in a Cadillac of GM’s Electronic Precision Shift, which replaces the standard hydraulic shifter with an electronic controller. This, together with a new lightweight chassis, results in a weight savings of 278 lb (126 kg) versus the outgoing SRX.
The XT5 is initially available with only one engine, depending on the market. In the United States, it has a 3.6-liter V6 used in other recent Cadillac models, producing 310 hp (231 kW) and 271 lb⋅ft (367 N⋅m) torque. The V6 includes automatic stop-start and cylinder deactivation to improve fuel economy. In China, the XT5 is powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine producing an estimated 258 hp (192 kW) and 295 lb⋅ft (400 N⋅m) torque. The XT5 is available in both front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive. The AWD system, provided by GKN Driveline, is completely new for this model and utilizes features like twin-clutch differential at rear axle with active torque vectoring, allowing the system to distribute 100% of torque to either front or rear axle as well as to either left or right rear wheel. In an addition to that, the AWD system allows the driver to disconnect the rear drive unit and leave the car in FWD mode for improved fuel efficiency.
The 2017 XT5 is offered in four trim levels. Above the base XT5 are "Luxury", "Premium Luxury" and range topping "Platinum". The base price of the entry front-wheel drive 2017 XT5 at launch was $38,995 in the United States.
|Calendar year||United States||China|
- "Cadillac XT5 Initiates New Series of Cadillac Luxury Crossovers". GM (Press release). 2015-11-09. Retrieved 2015-12-21.
- Ecclestone, Chris (2015-11-10). ""The New Platform And Chassis Of The 2017 Cadillac XT5: Deep Dive"". GM Authority. Retrieved 2015-12-23.
- https://www.cars.com/articles/2018-cadillac-xt5-luxury-compact-suv-challenge-gallery-1420700082630/. Missing or empty
- "Cadillac Global Sales Rise 33.8 Percent in May". Cadillac. Retrieved 2017-06-05.
- "PRELIMINARY 2017 CADILLAC XT5 SPECIFICATIONS (NORTH AMERICA & ROW)". Cadillac. Retrieved 2016-03-18.
- "2017 Cadillac XT5 brings superior dynamics to luxo-crossover segment". SAE. Retrieved 2018-04-14.
- "The Advanced All-Wheel Drive System Of The 2017 Cadillac XT5: Feature Spotlight". GM Authority. Retrieved 2018-04-14.
- "Chevrolet and GM Lead U.S. Retail Sales and Share Gains for 2016". Media.gm.com. 2017-01-04. Retrieved 2017-01-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cadillac XT5.|
|Full-size||de Ville||de Ville||de Ville||de Ville||DTS||XTS|
|Sixty Special (FWD)|
|Fleetwood Brougham||Brougham||Fleetwood (RWD)||CT6|
|Limousine||Fleetwood Limousine||Series 75|
|Extended length SUV||Escalade ESV||Escalade ESV||Escalade ESV|
|SUT||Escalade EXT||Escalade EXT|