|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Major events||BRSCC races|
|Length||3.477 km (2.173 mi)|
|Length||2.370 km (1.481 mi)|
|Length||1.139 km (0.712 mi)|
Cadwell Park is a motor racing circuit in Lincolnshire, England, 5 miles (8 km) south of Louth, England, owned and operated by MotorSport Vision, a business associated with former racing driver Jonathan Palmer. Sited on former parkland across a steep-sided valley with dips and crests, the circuit features sharp changes in gradient, including one section called The Mountain where bikes can become airborne by up to several feet. Its mix of challenging corners has led to its nickname as the Mini-Nürburgring.
Originally the gravel-drives of the country estate measured 3/4 miles, with tarmac and concrete being added in 1938, with widening and lengthening in 1953, and lengthened again in 1961 with the addition of the Donington Curve.
In 1953 the track was lengthened to 1.3 miles (2.1 km), upon the invitation of the 500 cc motorcycle-engined Formula 3 to race in a traditional bike meeting. Around 30,000 spectators attended that particular race.
The track grew to the current 2.25 miles (3.62 km) layout in 1962 and hosted the British F3 series the next May. Some of the bends are named after family members e.g. Mansfield, Charlie and Chris.
Competitively, it is primarily used for motorcycle racing, with the British Superbike Championship round being the biggest event on the circuit's calendar, held during an August weekend each year. In 2010, it hosted an additional BSB meeting on the weekend of 22/23 May.
In addition to the August round of the British Superbike Championship, Cadwell Park also hosts two major historic events with the Vintage Sports Car Club’s annual festival and the new Easter Wolds Trophy covering the post-war period.
The Superkart British Grand Prix is held at the circuit, with the popular Modified Live event also on the calendar.
During the week the circuit offers some general test days and driving experiences, and can also be hired out for private testing and track days.
Stock Car Racing
During the 1960s and 1970s, BriSCA Formula 1 Stock Cars attracted big crowds to Cadwell. The gradient changes added excitement to the racing, as stock car drivers were accustomed to racing on flat 400-yard oval tracks of shale or tarmac; and likewise their cars' suspensions and gearing were set up for short flat ovals.
|Car Lap Records|
|Richard Mitcham||Jedi MK6||1:21.138|
|Shaun Balfe||Radical SR8||1:22.50|
|Jason Timms||Dallara F301-Suzuki (Monoposto Mono1400)||1:22.665 |
|Robbie Watts||Dallara F302-Vauxhall (Monoposto F3)||1:23.572 |
|Robin Liddell||Radical Prosport||1:25.49|
|Gavin Renshaw||Mitsubishi Evo IX||1:26.5 |
|Lee Atkins||Radical SR4||1:29.04|
|Russ Stephens||Radical Clubsport||1:29.36|
|Motorcycle Lap Records|
|Shane Byrne||Kawasaki ZX-10R||1:26.017|
|John Simpson||Triumph Daytona 675||1:33.67|
|Andrew Bennet||Suzuki GSXR1000||1:37.5|
|Steve Lake||Yamaha R1||1:37.9|
|Superkart Lap Record|
- Baker, Erin (31 March 2007). "You spin me round". telegraph.co.uk. Telegraph Media Group. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- Contact Us, Cadwell Park at MotorSport Vision Limited Retrieved 11 August 2015
- Cadwell Park, Lincolnshire - NG Road Racing
- Cadwell Park - British Superbikes official website Archived 23 June 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- Britain's Top Circuits, race circuit guide, 1966 hard copy (free supplement with Motor Cycle), Accessed 2 May 2015
- "Rea is sixth on Cadwell Park grid". bbc.co.uk. BBC. 27 August 2006. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- "Rea claims win at Cadwell Park". BBC. 27 August 2007. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- Pink Floyd's Nick Mason at Cadwell Park on Wednesday - Louth Leader
- Allen, Eddie (25 June 2015). "Dowsett, Simmonds and Davies take British time trial titles". British Cycling. Retrieved 25 June 2015.
- Monoposto Racing Club - Moto Mono 1400
- Monoposto Racing Club - Mono F3/
- Time Attack - Lap Records
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cadwell Park.|
- Motorsport Vision: Cadwell Park
- Map and circuit history at RacingCircuits.info
- Radical SR8 smashes Cadwell Park Fastest Lap
- A lap of Cadwell Park (video)
- Matt Bell's SR3 Lap Record (video)
- Div.1 Superkarts: Carl Hulme at Cadwell (video)