Caesar Rodney School District
It was established on July 1, 1915, as State Consolidated District No. 1. The school board later chose the name Caesar Rodney as its namesake and it became the Caesar Rodney Consolidated School District. It merged with six other school districts to form the Caesar Rodney Special School District on July 1, 1919. The Comegys District merged into the Caesar Rodney district in 1937, and 11 other school districts merged into Caesar Rodney from 1919 until 1969. In 1969 the district assumed its current name as the Delaware Legislature forced the Magnolia and Oak Point school districts to merge into Caesar Rodney.
School districts that merged into the district included 14. Comegys/St. Jones, 20. Oak Point, 21. Oak Shade, 22. Camden, 22 1/2. Camden, 24. Petersburg, 25. duPoint, 27. Rising Sun/Lebanon, 27 1/2. Rising Sun/Lebanon, 50. Magnolia, 52. Willow Grove, 53. Frazier, 59. Pratts, 69. Westville, 71. Woodside, 74. Cedar Grove, 86. Logans, 99. duPont, 99 1/2. duPont, 106. Willow Grove, 108. Magnolia, 113. Wyoming, 113 1/2. Wyoming, 122. Rising Sun/Lebanon, 131. Woodside, 150. Star Hill, 151 Wyoming-Camden, 152 Willow Grove, 153. Thompson/Marydel/Parker's Chapel, and 154. Woodside. 23. Sandtown and 155. Mt. Olive were split between Caesar Rodney and Lake Forest. In Kent County, the former school districts numbered 133 and higher were designated for African-Americans during educational segregation in the United States.
In addition to Wyoming, other communities served by the district include Camden, Highland Acres, Kent Acres, Magnolia, Rising Sun-Lebanon, Rodney Village, Woodside, most of Woodside East, a small portion of Riverview, and the southern part of the state capital, Dover. The Dover Air Force Base also lies within the district. It also includes Marydel and Wild Quail.
- High school
- Middle schools
- Dover Air Base Middle School
- Fred Fifer III Middle School
- Magnolia Middle School
- Postlethwait (F. Niel) Middle School
- Elementary schools
- Frear (Allen) Elementary School
- Robinson (David E.) Elementary School
- Simpson (W.B.) Elementary School
- Star Hill Elementary School
- Stokes (Nellie H.) Elementary School
- Welch (George) Elementary School
- Early childhood centers
- McIlvaine Early Childhood Centers
- Special schools
- Caesar Rodney Early Intervention Programs (for students with special needs)
The Riders have an outstanding history as one of the best Delawarean wrestling schools. In 2008, they also won the Football State Championship over Sussex Central High. Postlethwait and Fifer Middle Schools share the Riders mascot with the high school. Caesar Rodney competes in athletics as a member of the Henlopen Conference.
- Ian Snell, former MLB player
- Duron Harmon, New England Patriots defensive back
- Laron Profit, former NBA player
- Ashley Coleman, Miss Teen USA 1999
- Dave Williams, former MLB player
- Natalie Morales, television journalist for NBC News
- "The District 1915-1940's". Caesar Rodney School District. Retrieved 2021-06-16.
- Mowrey, Roger C. (1974). "Delaware School District Organization and Boundaries" (PDF). Dover, Delaware: Delaware State Department of Public Instruction. p. 17-. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-09-28.
- "Caesar Rodney School District at a Glance (2006-07)". Delaware School Profiles. Delaware Department of Education.[permanent dead link]
- "2020 CENSUS - SCHOOL DISTRICT REFERENCE MAP: Kent County, DE" (PDF). U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2021-06-16.