Café Teatret is a theater in Copenhagen, Denmark that was established in 1972. It is located in Skindergade. The company stages new Danish plays as well as Danish premieres of foreign plays. One season usually sees between four and eight productions.
Apart from the theater itself there's Café Teatret Kafcafeen which presents its own independent program with one-night events, including debate meetings.
The company gained international attention and controversy in January 2012 when it announced its plans to stage a play based on the manifesto by Anders Behring Breivik written by Christian Lollike. The play, Manifesto 2083 premiered on 15 October 2012 and was performed to 16 November and again in January 2013, as well as in Oslo and at other venues. The play was awarded the jury's special prize during the Reumert of the Year awards in 2013. At the same awards, the company's play "Slakten" (The Family) got the prize for best play of the year and Christian Lollike got the best playwright of the year award.
- Trueman, Matt (January 24, 2012). "Danish theatre adapts Anders Behring Breivik manifesto". The Guardian. Retrieved January 24, 2012.
- Lollike, Christian (January 23, 2012). "Lollike: Vi er ikke talerør for Breivik" [We are not mouthpieces for Breivik]. Politiken (in Danish). Copenhagen, Denmark. Retrieved January 24, 2012.
- ANB-NTB: Breivik-teater er utsolgt (in Norwegian) Siste.no, 24 October 2012, retrieved 21 June 2013
- Christopher Gimling Shaftoe (6 May 2013): Breivikpjäs fick danskt teaterpris (in Swedish) SVT, retrieved 21 June 2013
- (in Danish) Café Teatret home page
|This article about a specific theatre building is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This European theatre-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Danish building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|