|Genre(s)||Social simulation game|
Café World is a defunct multiplayer restaurant simulation social network game created by Zynga and launched in September 2009. It quickly became the fastest growing social game ever, reaching 8 million users in seven days, and peaked at over 10 million daily active users, which made it Zynga's third-largest game after FarmVille and CityVille. Available on Facebook, players strive to become master chefs and build a food empire by completing catering orders.
In celebration of the first anniversary, players were challenged to complete a “One Year Anniversary Party” order with five new cookbook recipes. Players who successfully completed the order were entered for a chance to win a trip for two to New York City.
To celebrate the second anniversary, players were challenged to complete a goal series to prepare a feast for British Royals. Players who successfully completed the goal series were entered for a chance to win a trip to Britain.
Zynga announced on 23 May 2014 that it would be closing the game on 22 July 2014. On July 23, 2014, Café World was completely removed from Facebook.
- Takahashi, Dean (October 15, 2009). "The making of Zynga's Cafe World, the fastest growing social game in history". Venture Beat.
- "A Look at Zynga's IPO and the Social Gaming Landscape" (PDF). TS Analysis. July 2, 2011. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-10-02. Retrieved 2013-09-30.
- Joe Osborne, Café World's 1 Year Anniversary Catering Order: Everything you need to know, Games.com, 24 September 2010.
- Joe Osborne, Want to help Japan? Play Zynga Facebook games (and buy something), Games.com, 14 March 2011.
- Brandy Shaul, Café World 2 Year Anniversary Winston's Royals Goals: Everything you need to know, Games.com, 15 September 2011.
- Café World by Zynga – Facebook application metrics Archived 2011-10-26 at the Wayback Machine, AppData, Retrieved 1 September 2012.