|Fred Durham (CEO)|
Type of site
|Available in||English language|
|Registration||Required to buy and sell|
CafePress, Inc. is an American online retailer of stock and user-customized on demand products. The company was founded in San Mateo, California, but is now headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky along with its production facility. In 2001, CafePress.com won the People's Voice Webby Award in the Commerce category.
CafePress.com sells T-shirts, bags, mugs, wall clocks, calendars, and a myriad of other products. Customers can upload their own graphics design, logo or text, which will be added to the product by CafePress. CafePress.com also offers print on demand services for wall art and stationery. The site also allows the user to have a virtual CafePress "shop" including an online storefront and website hosting, order management, fulfillment, payment processing, and customer service.
This section needs to be updated. The reason given is: events since 2012.February 2017)(
CafePress, Inc. was founded as a privately owned company in 1999 by Fred Durham and Maheesh Jain. As of February 2006, the site hosts over 2.6 million online shops with over 200 million products. As of March 2011, CafePress.com has more than 13 million members and over 325 million products are available on the site.
In June 2011, CafePress filed with the SEC to raise up to $80 million in an initial public offering.
On September 28, 2018, Snapfish agreed to acquire CafePress for approximately 25 million dollars.
In February 2019, CafePress suffered a data breach. The exposed data included 23 million unique email addresses with some records also containing names, physical addresses and phone numbers.
On September 01, 2020 it was announced that PlanetArt had acquired CafePress from Snapfish/Shutterfly. 
CafePress, Inc. has its flagship brand, CafePress.com. CafePress, Inc. also partners with other businesses to provide licensed content on their site, and power online custom shops for large companies, such as ABC, Urban Outfitters, and Peanuts Worldwide.
- Schofield, Jack (18 August 2008). "Cafepress: Get your customised badges, tops and thongs here". The Guardian. London. Retrieved 2008-08-18.
- "CafePressInc. » About Us". Archived from the original on 2017-02-03. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "CafePress Inc. » About Us » Team". Archived from the original on 2017-02-03. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- "Print on demand shirt". Reuters. 8 July 2008. Archived from the original on June 19, 2015. Retrieved 2015-07-08.
- "Form S-1 Registration Statement - CafePress, Inc". Retrieved 10 June 2011.
- "NASDAQ Welcomes CafePress Inc. to the NASDAQ Global Select Market(R)". Retrieved 30 March 2012.
- Mendonca, Jochelle (29 March 2012). Eluvangal, Sreejiraj (ed.). "Online retailer Cafepress soars on market debut". Reuters. Retrieved 30 March 2012.
- "PlanetArt Acquires CafePress from Shutterfly". Businesswire. 1 September 2020. Retrieved 13 October 2020.