UNA BELLA TAZZA
|Headquarters||Santa Monica, California, USA|
|Mark Wain and Gary Chau|
Caffè Luxxe is a European style café and retailer with its headquarters at 925 Montana Avenue in Santa Monica, California. Caffè Luxxe has retail locations in Santa Monica and Los Angeles (Brentwood), California. The company was founded in 2006 by Mark Wain and Gary Chau, who met while attending The Marshall School, University of Southern California where both earned an MBA.
In November 2008, Caffè Luxxe opened their downtown Brentwood location at 11975 San Vicente Boulevard, Los Angeles, California. The two-story Barry Building was built in 1951 and designed by architect Milton Caughey. Despite its status as Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument #887, it has been targeted for demolition by the property's owner, Charles T. Munger. This has caused great controversy with local Los Angeles conservationists.
In July 2010, Caffè Luxxe opened their Brentwood Country Mart location at 225 26th Street, Santa Monica, California. A historic site which has retained its original architecture, the Brentwood Country Mart opened in 1948.
- "ArchitectDB - Architects". Digital.lib.washington.edu. Retrieved 2012-11-30.
- "Advocacy Issues | Los Angeles Conservancy". Laconservancy.org. Retrieved 2012-11-30.
- "The Brentwood Country Mart – History". Brentwoodcountrymart.com. Retrieved 2012-11-30.
- Restaurant Awards 2007 "Killer Coffee," January 2007, Los Angeles Magazine
- Louis Vuitton City Guide 2010, Los Angeles, First Edition Louis Vuitton Malletier, Paris, 10/15/2009, ISBN 978-2-917781-22-7
- "Serious (yay!) about coffee - Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. 2006-10-25. Retrieved 2012-11-30.
- "Claire Thomas: How to Pull the Perfect Shot: At Home With a Caffe Luxxe Barista (Video)". Huffingtonpost.com. 2010-02-23. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- [dead link]
-  Archived June 9, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Top 7 coffeehouses around Los Angeles area | abc7.com". Abclocal.go.com. 2011-01-04. Retrieved 2012-12-01.