|Genres||Symphonic power metal|
|Years active||2008-2009, 2013-present|
|Associated acts||Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Kotipelto, Norther, Wintersun|
Cain's Offering was formed by former Sonata Arctica members Jani Liimatainen and Mikko Härkin, Stratovarius singer Timo Kotipelto, Norther and Wintersun bass player Jukka Koskinen and drummer Jani Hurula. Their debut album Gather the Faithful was released in July 2009 through the Japanese label Avalon. All music and lyrics were written by Liimatainen. On June 25 the band announced that they've signed a deal with Frontiers Records and that their debut album will be released on August 28 in Europe and on September 11 in the USA.
Many fans were asking about a tour, and this is what Jani said in an interview with "Power of Metal":
|“||So far none, since as you probably know, Timo is very busy with Stratovarius now that they just released Polaris. Hopefully next year we get to do some live shows, as I would love to bring this material to life up on the stage as well.||”|
In June 2014, a new official Facebook page was created for Cain's Offering, and Jani mentioned that he plans to have a new Cain's Offering album written by September - according to him, he has four songs almost finished, and four more that he composed with Kotipelto. At least two of them would be used in a future album by Cain's Offering or Stratovarius.
On 5 March 2015, the title and track list of their second album was announced on the band's official Facebook page. The album is called Stormcrow. The album will be released on 15 May 2015 in Europe and on 19 May 2015 in North America. In Japan the album was planned to be released on 29 April 2015. On 15 April, one month before the European release, the band released a lyric video of the first single called "I Will Build You a Rome". The band surprised fans again on 22 April 2015 by releasing yet another song from the forthcoming album. This time it was the title track "Stormcrow". Both songs are available for download on iTunes. The band also announced their first ever live performances at a mini-tour of two dates in Japan in 2016.
- Timo Kotipelto – lead vocals
- Jani Liimatainen – guitar, backing vocals
- Jani Hurula – drums
- Jens Johansson – keyboards, piano
- Jonas Kuhlberg – bass
- "Cain's Offering Biography". cainsoffering.com. Archived from the original on 11 February 2010. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- "AVALON online. - show index page.". marquee.co.jp. Archived from the original on 2 December 2009. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- "STORMBRINGER-News: CAIN'S OFFERING - Kotipelto & Liimatainen dealen mit Frontiers Records (25.06.2009, 00:00 Uhr)". stormbringer.at.
- "Cain's Offering Interview". powerofmetal.dk.
- Liimatainen, Jani (24 June 2014). "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated". Jani Liimatainen's official blog. Blogspot. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "Cain's Offering Official". Facebook.
- Cain's Offering - I Will Build You a Rome (Official / Studio 2015 / Liimatainen Kotipelto Johansson). YouTube. 15 April 2015.
- Cain's Offering - Stormcrow (Official Audio). YouTube. 22 April 2015.
- "Cain's Offering Japan Mini Tour".
- "Jens Johansson - Keyboards Jonas... - Jani Liimatainen - Facebook". facebook.com.