Caineach inion Urchadh
Caineach was one of three daughters of King Urchadh mac Murchadh of Maigh Seóla (died 943). She became the wife of a prince of the Síol Muiredaig, and thus an ancestor of the Clann Coscraig sept of the dynasty.
She was an aunt of three notable Irish rulers:
- King Máel Ruanaid Mór mac Tadg of Moylurg (fl. 956))
- King Conchobar mac Tadg of Connacht (reigned 967-973)
- High King of Ireland, Brian Boru (reigned 1002–1014)
- West or H-Iar Connaught Ruaidhrí Ó Flaithbheartaigh, 1684 (published 1846, ed. James Hardiman).
- Origin of the Surname O'Flaherty, Anthony Matthews, Dublin, 1968, p. 40.
- Early Irish Kingship and Succession, Bart Jaski, Four Courts Press, 2000.
- Irish Kings and High-Kings, Francis John Byrne (2001), Dublin: Four Courts Press, ISBN 978-1-85182-196-9
- The Great Book of Irish Genealogies, Dubhaltach MacFhirbhisigh: Edited by Nollaig Ó Muraíle, five volumes, Dublin, DeBurca Books, 2003-2004. ISBN 0 946130 36 1.