From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A cairn is a man-made pile of stones.
Cairn may also refer to:
- Cairnbaan (Scottish Gaelic: An Càrn Bàn), a village in Argyll and Bute, western Scotland.
- Carn Clonhugh (Irish: Carn Clainne Aodha or Sliabh Cairbré), a hill in County Longford, Republic of Ireland
- Carncastle or Cairncastle, a small village and civil parish in County Antrim, Northern Ireland
- Cairness House, a country house in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, built in the 1790s in the Neoclassical style
- Cairneyhill, a small village near Dunfermline in west Fife, Scotland
- Cairngaan, Wigtownshire, the southernmost settlement in Scotland
- Cairnie Hill, a hill in the Ochils, in Fife, Scotland
- Cairnlea, Victoria, a suburb of Melbourne in Australia
- Cairn na Burgh Mòr (English: Cairnburgh More), one of the Treshnish Isles in the Inner Hebrides of Scotland
- Cairn O' Mounth (Scottish Gaelic: Càrn Mhon), a high mountain pass in Aberdeenshire, Scotland
- Cairnpapple Hill, a major Neolithic and Bronze Age ritual site in central lowland Scotland
- Cairnryan (Scots: The Cairn, Scottish Gaelic: Machair an Sgithich), a small village in Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland
- Cairn Toul (from the Gaelic Càrn an t-Sabhail, "Hill of the barn"), the 4th highest mountain in Scotland and the 2nd highest point in the western massif of the Cairngorms
- John Elliott Cairnes (1823–1875), an Irish economist, described as the "last of the classical economists"
- Cairne Bloodhoof, a character from the fantasy series Warcraft
- Cairn Energy, one of Europe's leading independent oil and gas exploration and development companies
- Cairn.info, a French-language web portal of scholarly materials in the humanities and social sciences
- Cairn Magazine, an online magazine covering Colorado's cultural landscape
- Cairn Terrier, one of the oldest of the terrier breeds, originating in the Scottish Highlands and recognized as one of Scotland's earliest working dogs
- Cairn Valley Light Railway, a former rural railway line built to connect the Cairn Valley with the main railway network at Dumfries, closed in the 1940s
- Cairn circle, another name for a bowl barrow, a type of Neolithic and Bronze Age burial mound or tumulus
- Cairn Hill (disambiguation)
- Cairns (disambiguation)
- Cairncross (disambiguation)
- Cairngorm (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Cairn.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.