Cairns City, Queensland
Cairns City, 2005
|Population||2,737 (2016 census)|
|• Density||702/km2 (1,818/sq mi)|
|Area||3.9 km2 (1.5 sq mi)|
|Location||1,391 km (864 mi) north-west of Brisbane|
Cairns City is the suburb at the centre of Cairns in the local government area of Cairns Region, Queensland, Australia. It can also be referred to as the Cairns Central Business District (CBD). In the 2011 census, the population of Cairns City was 2,180 people.
The City Library, operated by the Cairns Regional Council, opened in 1979 and is situated at 151 Abbott Street. A major refurbishment was undertaken in 1999 and a further minor refurbishment was implemented in 2011. Public accessible wifi is available. Current Library services and collections can be accessed from the Cairns Libraries website.
The Cairns Historical Society operates the Cairns Museum and Cairns Historical Society Resource Centre at the former Cairns School of Arts building on the corner of Lake and Shields Streets in Cairns City.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Cairns City (State Suburb)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "Cairns City (entry 45564)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Cairns City". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "Queensland Public Library Statistical Bulletin 2016-17" (PDF). Public Library Connect. November 2017. Archived (PDF) from the original on 30 January 2018. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "City Library". Public Libraries Connect. 25 March 2015. Archived from the original on 19 January 2018. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "Cairns Libraries homepage". Cairns Library. Archived from the original on 5 September 2017. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "About Us". Cairns Historical Society. Archived from the original on 14 March 2018. Retrieved 12 April 2018.
Media related to Cairns City, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons
- "Cairns". Queensland Places. Centre for the Government of Queensland, University of Queensland.