Cairo International Model United Nations
Cairo International Model United Nations (CIMUN) is a collegiate level Model United Nations organisation that is based in Cairo, Egypt. The CIMUN program is the oldest student activity on the American University in Cairo (AUC) campus and is currently recognised as one of the largest inter-collegiate Model United Nations programs outside of North America. It is well known for its annual conference in March.
Since 2007, several elite high school students have been chosen by merit to join the conference. This has led to the expansion of the model from modelling only one UN council to seven: the Security Council, HRC, ICJ, ECOSOC, International Criminal Court, CTC, and UN Women.
In 2010, CIMUN won the Outstanding Delegation Award while at the National Model United Nations Conference in New York. While this is the second time the group has won the award, this time is considered more important because the group was representing their own country, Egypt. CIMUN won the outstanding delegation award in all the following years. That means they won the award for six consecutive years along with multiple honorable mentions. 
High Board Members
Each year a different High Board is chosen to lead the organizations's team. Every High Board consists of three positions: Secretary General, Graduate Advisor and Organizing Committee Head. The following is a list of the High Boards since 2012:
2012-2013: Mokhtar Ibrahim, Shatha El Nakib, Hussien Heiba
2013-2014: Yara Sakr, Munir Beletemal, Ali Hossam
2014-2015: Radwa Hamed, Rana Shafik, Hesham Sadek
2015-2016: Mariam Mohsen, Ramy Mubasher
2016-2017: Omar Zaky, Nour Shafik, Omar Rezk
CIMUN holds an annual conference in March. Its primary goal is to increase student interest in and awareness of the United Nations and international affairs. The conference events are wholly organised by students. Participants from international universities—including Yale, Stanford, Columbia, Concordia, and Riverside City College—have attended the conference.
The following is a list of some notable keynote speakers for past March conferences, along with the year of the speech:
- Boutros Ghali
- Ali El Din Helal
- Ahmed Maher
- Suzanne Mubarak (1998)
- Kofi Anan (2002)
- Youssef Boutros Ghali, El-Sayed Yassin, and Ibrahim Kamel (2000)
- Nabil Elaraby (2006)
- Mohammed El Farnawany (2007)
- Amr Moussa (2008)
- "Cairo International Model United Nations (CIMUN)". Munworld. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- "Cairo International Model United Nations Conference. : Cairo Conferences events, What's on in Wanted in Africa". Cairo.wantedinafrica.com. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- Sosostris, Madame (2003). "Pack of Cards". Al Ahram. Retrieved 8 July 2010.
- "Multilateral diplomacy and the United Nations today" - Google Books. Books.google.com. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- El Alfy, Farah (3 December 2005). "A true inspiration". Daily News Egypt. Retrieved 7 August 2010.
- Makary, Adam Daily News Egypt - CAIRO MODEL UN INAUGURATES ITS 19TH SESSION
- "AUC Students Win Outstanding Delegation Award at the National Model United Nations" - The American University in Cairo Archived 30 July 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- "AUC Wins Outstanding Delegation Award In New York". Al Bawaba. 17 May 2010. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- ""From MUN to the Real United Nations" - AUC Today". .aucegypt.edu. 10 March 1998. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- Rabie, Passant (16 March 2008). "Model UN celebrates 20 years of development". Daily News Egypt. Retrieved 8 July 2010.
- ""What's On in Cairo: Conferences" - Wanted in Africa". Cairo.wantedinafrica.com. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- "Al-Ahram Weekly | Pack of cards". Weekly.ahram.org.eg. 15 March 2000. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- [dead link]
- "About CIMUN". Cimun.com. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- "AUC Today". .aucegypt.edu. 10 March 1998. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- https://web.archive.org/20090810041219/http://weekly.ahram.org.eg/2000/471/people.htm. Archived from the original on 10 August 2009. Retrieved 13 August 2010. Missing or empty
- Nadine El Sayed CIMUN pushes students to lead - Caravan. Sunday, 12 March 2006
- Arab League Leaders Admit Policy Failures Caravan. 16 March 2008
- Official Website
- El Sayed, Nadine (12 March 2006). "CIMUN pushes students to lead" (PDF). Caravan. Retrieved 8 July 2010.
- "Celebrating International Women’s Day in the American University in Cairo" - The Suzanne Mubarak Women’s International Peace Movement
- "Cairo Model UN inaugurates its 19th session" - Daily News Egypt