||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Genre||sci-fi fantasy new-age|
Caiseal Mór is an Australian fantasy novelist and musician. Caiseal (pronounced Cash'l) is Gaelic for "great stone fort". He is an Australian of Irish descent. Irish folklore is an inspiration for his works. Mór also composes and records music, with twelve albums so far and another one on the way over the next year. He is well known for his book and album covers, usually designed by himself.
Life and career
As a child, Mór was diagnosed on the autism spectrum, which was kept a secret from the wider public until disclosed in his autobiography A Blessing and a Curse; Autism and Me (2007). Recurring themes in Mór's novels include religion, theology, gods and deities, magic, kingship and ancient times. His books are set in Ireland, Scotland and a personal interpretation of the Celtic Otherworld which he refers to as the Far Country.
His latest album Dreaming Tree - The Green Album was released in February 2013. His latest book is the non fiction What is Magic?, published in September 2009.
Mór makes tribal style drums from recycled materials, and holds workshops on trance drumming using these musical art objects. Mór now tours the world offering musical dreaming events with his band (formed in 2012) Dreaming Tree. They present full night experiences and also hold three day retreats. In July 2013, Mór toured Sweden.
There are two projects Mór is working on; his latest self-published album Prana, and expanded re-releases of his first book trilogy (the Wanderers Trilogy) as ebooks, with limited edition signed and numbered hard copies. Both projects are self-published and can be found on indiegogo.com.
The Watcher's trilogy
Other fantasy fiction
- The Tilecutters Penny (1998)
- The Harp at Midnight (1999)
- Carolan's Concerto (2001)
- Lady of the Lamp (2008)
- Scratches in the Margin (1996)
- The Moon on the Lake (1995)
- What is Magic? (2009)
- What is Magic? the Ebook (2011)
- A Blessing and a Curse; Autism and Me (2007) published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers, published May 2007
Music and spoken word albums
- [The Well of Yearning] (companion to Well-Spring Trilogy - books )
- Beautiful Hands (Celtic Harp)
- Divine Passion - Rain Water (Creative Trance)
- Loom of Music (Celtic Harp)
- Divine Passion - Air (Creative Trance)
- What is Magic? (Creative Trance) (2009)
- Flow (Creative Trance) (2010)
- Alchemy for the Heart (Creative Trance) (2011)
- Dreaming Tree - Red (Creative Trance) (2012)
- Dreaming Tree - The Green Album (Dreaming Music and Creative Trance) (2013)
- An interview with Caiseal Mor , by the autistic author Donna Williams.
- An audio interview with Caiseal Mor, by the autistic author Donna Williams.