Caitlynne Medrek (born November 19, 1989) is a Canadian voice, stage, film and television actress. A Canadian College of Performing Arts alumna, Medrek began performing in community theatre at age 10, later becoming a triple threat. She is best known for her roles in Fargo, Season 3 as Grace Stussy, Claire in the award-winning webseries, Out with Dad, as Mikoto in My-HiME, Miu Matsuoka in Strawberry Marshmallow, Pan in Dragon Ball GT, and Dawn in Total Drama: Revenge of the Island. Her latest mainstream voice work include: Cardfight!! Vanguard, Arthur, and Gintama. The mediums in which she works span radio, voice, theatre and film. She can be seen in the final season of Hell on Wheels, Season 2 of Wynonna Earp, Season 3 of Fargo as Grace Stussy, Season 3 of The Detour and recently Season 2 of Tribal.
She is also known in the world of web series for playing Claire Daniels, one of the main roles of many-times-awarded LGBT webseries, Out with Dad, for which she received nominations and awards.
Born November 19, 1989, in Calgary, Alberta, Medrek started performing at an early age doing community theatre with the StoryBook Theatre company. She kept up dance skills in a variety of styles including Ukrainian dance and competed at various festivals throughout the province in solo, duet and trio events. She was a member of the Young Canadians of the Calgary Stampede and at age 15 competing in Calgary's "Youth Talent Showdown" competition at the Calgary Stampede where she won 2nd runner-up. That same year she placed first at the Kiwanis Music Festival and went on to win first place in Provincials for Musical Theatre in Edmonton.
In 2006, she was cast as Amber in the Rod Lurie-directed film Resurrecting the Champ. Medrek has voiced characters in a variety of anime works, often with the Calgary-based Blue Water Studios and Ocean Productions. In Summer 2007, she was a member of the Charlottetown Festival Young Company Training Program and a cast member of Alberta Fusion. She graduated in April 2008 from the Canadian College of Performing Arts (CCPA), where she received the Arnold Spohr Scholarship.
On leaving college, she contracted with Oh Canada Eh? dinner theater in Canmore, Alberta, where she performed nightly as Rose Marie. Around this time she decided to move to Toronto, Ontario, which has a large theatre scene.
In December 2008, she was seen in Saskatoon-based Persephone Theatre's A Christmas Carol as 'Want'. She spent July 2009 performing with Globus Theatre, in Bobcaygeon, Ontario, playing the lead in Neil Simon's I Ought To Be in Pictures, later that year appearing in the title role in Toronto's debut of the New York City-born off-Broadway show Pinkalicious the Musical.
In January 2010, she starred as 'Anne Frank' in The Diary of Anne Frank, with Encore Entertainment at the Toronto Centre for the Arts and completed the run of "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" as "Logainne Schwarzy" with Fallen Rock Productions, in the spring. In the summer she went on to play Charlie Brown's sister, Sally, in Fly By Night's production of "Dog Sees God" at the LKYPT as well as joining the ensemble cast of Toronto's debut of The Fallen (previously known as "Whitechapel"), during August. While maintaining her theatre career, Medrek has been cast as a regular in the animated television series Total Drama: Revenge of the Island as a contestant named Dawn, broadcast on Fresh TV and Teletoon, as a guest in the animated television series Skatoony and in the highly acclaimed web series, Out With Dad and Clutch, Season 2. In 2013 she starred in Blood Riders: the Devil Rides with Us which premiered at the Blood in the Snow Film Festival in Toronto, Ontario.
Caitlynne decided to move back to Alberta in 2014 to seek out future theatre opportunities in her home Province. Since the fall of 2014, she was cast as "Hope" in Front Row Centre's production of "Urinetown", as "Kensington" in Alberta Theatre Project's production of "Becky's New Car", as "Violet Beauregard" in Storybook Theatre's rendition of "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory", as "Betty Parris" in Theatre Calgary's "The Crucible", as "Belle" in Disenchanted and "Gertrude McFuzz" in "Seussical, the Musical". She has taken an interest in directing and assistant directed "Hana's Suitcase" with StoryBook Theatre and made her directing debut in the fall of 2017 with "Pinkalicious" for StoryBook Theatre. In the summer of 2015, she was cast in Episode 10 of AMC's highly acclaimed "Hell on Wheels". Since 2015, her film career has excelled further, along with more voiced anime projects for Netflix, a role on Season 2 of Wynonna Earp, a principal role in Season 3 of The Detour and a recurring role on Season 3 on the highly acclaimed series Fargo, as Grace Stussy.
In 2016, she started her own Princess Party Company named YYC Princess which has become Calgary's first and foremost princess company. In this realm, she has become a motivational speaker in following your dreams and recently spoke in Calgary at Pechakucha and is a frequent guest speaker at Calgary Comic Expo and Otafest. She is a weekly actor in Dirty Laundry, Calgary's longest running 100% improvised weekly soap opera.
2019 brought the role of Mrs. Wilkinson to Caitlynne in Theatre Calgary's production of Billy Elliot the Musical. Caitlynne was recently awarded the Betty Mitchell Award for Best Leading Actress in a Musical for her role in Billy Elliot.
In 2020, Caitlynne was named by Avenue Magazine in Calgary as one of Calgary's own "Top 40 under 40". She was also named as Broadway World's "Performer of the Decade" for her role in Theatre Calgary's production of Billy Elliot the Musical
- Strawberry Marshmallow – Miu Matsuoka
- D.I.C.E. – Puffy Angel
- Doki Doki School Hours – Chinatsu Nakayama, Soccer Ball
- My-HiME – Mikoto Minagi
- My-Otome – Mikoto the Cat Goddess
- Flame of Recca – Ganko Morikawa/Primela, Young Fuuko
- Future Card Buddyfight - Ku Teito
- Gintama° - Soyo Tokugawa
- Kiznaiver - Chidori Takashiro
- Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam – Qum, Cheimin Noah
- Dragon Ball GT – Pan (Canadian dub), Young Guide
- Tomato Twins – Ti Ann
- Cardfight!! Vanguard G - Rin Hashima
- The Haunted House - Gaeun
- Kongsuni - Eve
- Conversations with my Neighbour's Pitbull – Ellen
- Discovery Financial – Teen Girl
Film and television roles
- Resurrecting the Champ – Amber, the babysitter (deleted scenes)
- Iota – Child Narrator, Lead
- Second Coming in the 2nd Grade – Christina
- Total Drama: Revenge of the Island - Dawn
- Out with Dad - Claire Daniels
- Clutch (web series) - Lex
- Skatoony - Dawn
- Blood Riders: the Devil Rides with Us
- Bibi Blocksberg – Theme song Vocal
- Arthur - Kaylie Lamott
- Hell on Wheels - Season 5, Episode 10
- Fargo - Season 3
- Wynonna Earp - Season 2
- The Detour - Season 3
- Tribal - Season 2
Professional Theater roles
- Sound of Music – Stage West – Marta Von Trapp
- A Christmas Carol – Theatre Calgary – Mary Cratchit
- Picking Up Chekhov – Alberta Theatre Projects – The Kid
- Oklahoma! – Front Row Centre – Ado Annie
- Alberta Fusion – The Confederation Centre's Young Company/Charlottetown Festival
- Oh Canada Eh! Dinner Theatre – Oh Canada Eh! – Rose Marie/ Featured Singer Dancer
- A Christmas Carol – Persephone Theatre – Want
- I Ought to Be in Pictures – Globus Theatre – Libby Tucker
- Pinkalicious, the Musical – Vital Theatre Company – Pinkalicious
- The Diary of Anne Frank – Encore Entertainment – Anne Frank
- Becky's New Car - Alberta Theatre Projects – Kensington
- The Crucible - Theatre Calgary - Betty Parris
- Disenchanted - Cappuccino Theatre - Belle
- Seussical, the Musical - Storybook Theatre - Gertrude McFuzz
- Billy Elliot the Musical - Theatre Calgary - Mrs. Wilkinson
Nominations and awards
Caitlynne Medrek has received the following nominations and awards:
|Indie Soap Awards||3||1||1||1||1||0||1||tbd|
- 4th Indie Soap Awards (2013) (1 only winner in a category)
- Award : Best Breakthrough Performance for " Out with Dad "
- 5th Indie Soap Awards (2014) (1 only winner in a category)
- Nominations: Best Supporting Actress (Drama) for " Out with Dad " (1st nom.)
- LA Web Series Festival 2014 (multiple prizes in the same category)
- Award : Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for " Out with Dad "
- 6th Indie Soap Awards (2015) (1 only winner in a category)
- Nominations: Best Supporting Actress (Drama) for " Out with Dad " (2nd nom.)
- Top 40 Under 40
- Broadway World - Regional Awards (2021)(1 only winner in a category)
- Award: Performer of the Decade (Musical or Comedy) for " Billy Elliot " 
- "Caitlynne Medrek". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Baseline & All Movie Guide. Archived from the original on 2013-01-30.
- Official Website: Introduction & Awards, Cast, Marseille Web Fest pages.
- Indie Soap Awards: History
- La Web Series Festival: 2011, 2012, 2013 Archived 2013-07-02 at the Wayback Machine, 2014 (Photo)
- "Indie Intertube". Archived from the original on 2015-03-20. Retrieved 2015-02-11.
- Hobson, Louis B. (October 4, 2009). "Calgarian goes pink in T.O.". Calgary Sun: p. E17.
- Dever, Lisa (July 10, 2009). "Village to host art festival". The Lindsay Post: p. A9.
- "Simon play at Globus" (July 9, 2009). Peterborough Examiner: p. C2.
- Chatha, Aaron (January 19, 2018). "Late three-year-old girl inspires magic musical". Metro News. Calgary, Alberta.
- Cast Bios of Out With Dad
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-06-06. Retrieved 2012-12-14.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- We love Soaps TV, nominations aux ISA5 (vidéo)
- Serial scoop, nominations aux ISA6