This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Lotz in 2017
Caitlin Marie Lotz
December 30, 1986
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
Caitlin Marie Lotz (born December 30, 1986) is an American actress and dancer. She is known for her roles as Stephanie Horton in Mad Men, Officer Kirsten Landry in the MTV mockumentary series Death Valley (2011), as Annie in The Pact (2013), and as Sara Lance / The Canary / White Canary in The CW's Arrowverse television series, where she has appeared in Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, and Supergirl. She is also a co-founder of SheThority, a women empowerment organization.
Dancing and singing
Lotz started her career as a dancer, touring with Avril Lavigne and Lady Gaga, and starring in music videos including Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi" and "LoveGame", David Guetta and Estelle's "One Love", Selena Gomez's "Tell Me Something I Don't Know", Faith Evans' "Mesmerized", T-Pain's "Freeze", JoJo's "Baby It's You", Cascada's "Evacuate the Dancefloor", Kaci Brown's "Instigator (album)", and Wang Leehom's "Gai Shi Ying Xiong". Lotz appeared on Dancing With the Stars season 8, as Lady Gaga's back-up dancer for the song "LoveGame". Her Avril Lavigne tour performance was released on the video "The Best Damn Tour: Live in Toronto".
Lotz appeared in adverts for Jack in the Box, Reebok, and T-Mobile, danced in the web series The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers, toured with the hip hop theatre production Groovaloo, and stunt-doubled in films including Step Up 3D.
In 2005, Lotz joined the girl group Soccx. In 2006, the group released their debut single "From Dusk Till Dawn (Get the Party Started)", which they followed up in 2007 with the single "Scream Out Loud", both of which reached the top 10 in Germany. Their début album, Hold On, was also released in 2007, and their third single, "Can't Take My Eyes Off You", was released in 2008.
Lotz did her acting training at Sanford Meisner for two years. Lotz began her acting career in 2006 with a small role in the cheerleading film Bring It On: All or Nothing. She followed that up in 2010 with a part in the third episode of Law & Order: LA and a recurring role in the fourth season of the AMC drama Mad Men as Stephanie, Anna Draper's niece. In 2011, Lotz starred as Officer Kirsten Landry, one of the main characters in the MTV horror, black comedy mockumentary series Death Valley. Lotz performs all her own stunts on the show.
In 2012, Lotz had roles in Live at the Foxes Den, Battle of the Year alongside Josh Holloway and alongside Casper Van Dien and Agnes Bruckner in the supernatural thriller The Pact, which débuted at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival and has been picked up for distribution.
Lotz stars as Sara Lance/White Canary in Legends of Tomorrow, an Arrow spin-off. She had the lead role in the science fiction film The Machine, which had its UK release on March 21, 2014 and had its US release on April 25, 2014. In May 2014, she reprised her role as Stephanie in the seventh season of Mad Men. She also played Dr. Emily McTier in the tv film 400 Days, along with her Legends co-star Brandon Routh, in 2016.
Lotz is a martial artist, with some training in taekwondo, wushu, Krav Maga, kali martial arts and muay Thai. She is also a practitioner of parkour and tricking. Lotz has trained with Steve Terada and Wayne Dalglish.
|2006||Bring It On: All or Nothing||Pacific Vista Cheerleader|
|2012||The Pact||Annie Barlow|
|2012||Cold & Ugly||Tanya Pavelovna||Short film|
|2013||The Machine||Ava / The Machine||Toronto After Dark Film Festival Award for Best Actress|
Nominated – British Independent Film Award for Most Promising Newcomer
|2013||Battle of the Year||Stacy|
|2013||Out of the Blue||Dominique||Short film|
|2013||Live at the Foxes Den||Susan Hudson|
|2014||The Pact 2||Annie Barlow|
|2015||Missed Call||Kirsten||Short film|
|2015||400 Days||Dr. Emily McTier|
|2017||Small Town Crime||Heidi|
|2018||Year One||Tess||completed short film|
|2010||Law & Order: LA||Amy Reynolds||Episode: "Harbor City"|
|2010–15||Mad Men||Stephanie Horton||Recurring role, 5 episodes|
|2011||Death Valley||Officer Kirsten Landry||Main role|
|2012||NTSF:SD:SUV::||Mary||Episode: "Lights, Camera, Assassination"|
|2013–2019||Arrow||Sara Lance / The Canary / White Canary||Recurring role (seasons 2–4); special guest star (seasons 5–7)|
|2014||Stalker||Melissa Barnes||Episode: "Love Is a Battlefield"|
|2016||Robot Chicken||Voice role||Episode: "Fridge Smell"|
|2016–present||Legends of Tomorrow||Sara Lance / White Canary||Main role |
Nominated – Teen Choice Award for Choice Action TV Actress (2017)
|2016–2017||The Flash||Sara Lance / White Canary||Special guest star (seasons 3–4)|
|2017, 2019||Supergirl||Sara Lance / White Canary||Episodes: "Crisis on Earth-X", “Crisis on Infinite Earths Part 1”|
|2013||Burning Love||Hathwell's date||Episode: "Burn Baby Burn"|
Awards and nominations
|2013||British Independent Film Awards||Most Promising Newcomer||The Machine||Nominated|
|2013||Toronto After Dark Film Festival||Best Actress||The Machine||Won|
|2017||Teen Choice Awards||Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actress Action||Legends of Tomorrow||Nominated|
|2018||Teen Choice Awards||Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Actress Action||Legends of Tomorrow||Nominated|||
- "Caity Lotz: There were a few spooky moments on the set of The Pact". The Metro. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- "Caity Lotz". MTV. Retrieved January 5, 2012.
- "Caity Lotz talks Dance, Traveling Back in Time for Mad Men". Gender Across Borders. August 24, 2010. Retrieved January 5, 2012.
- "That's What She Said: Caity Lotz". Men's Health. October 11, 2011. Retrieved January 5, 2012.
- "Esquire Presents Me in My Place with Caity Lotz". Esquire. Retrieved January 5, 2012.
- "Josh Holloway, Laz Alonso and Chris Brown Lead 'Planet B Boy' Cast". The Hollywood Reporter. October 26, 2011. Retrieved January 5, 2012.
- "Exclusive: 'Death Valley' Star Caity Lotz on Her Sundance Film 'The Pact'". Fearnet. December 30, 2011. Retrieved January 5, 2012.
- "THE PACT". Sundance Film Festival. Archived from the original on January 8, 2012. Retrieved January 5, 2012.
- "Sundance 2012: Incredibly badass Caity Lotz saves 'The Pact'". Entertainment Weekly. January 26, 2012. Retrieved February 10, 2012.
- Abrams, Natalie (July 19, 2013). "Exclusive: Arrow Boss Sets the Record Straight on Black Canary Casting". TVGuide.com.
- Prudom, Laura (July 30, 2013). "Black Canary On 'Arrow': CW President Mark Pedowitz Shares More On The Superhero's Origin Story". Huffington Post. Retrieved July 30, 2013.
- William Bibbiani (April 16, 2014). "The Machine: Caity Lotz on Robot Acting and Arrow". Crave Online. Archived from the original on October 18, 2014. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- Ohad Amram (November 15, 2013). "Watch: Caity Lotz Makes For One Dangerous 'Machine' in Trailer for New Thriller". Indie Wire. Retrieved May 6, 2014.
- "Exclusive Interview: Kick Ass Caity Lotz From MTV's DEATH VALLEY Talks About Zombies, Parcour and Twilight's Jackson Rathbone". Daemon's TV. Retrieved January 5, 2012.
- Lotz, Caity. "Training @waynedalglish and @steveterada teaching me some moves at @xmaworldheadquarters thanks for the video and being a training…". Instagram. Retrieved March 14, 2018.
- "That time Caity Lotz dominated Dance 360". Youtube. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- Ceron, Ella. "The Pretty Little Liars Were ALL Nominated for the Same EXACT Award". Teen Vogue. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- Agard, Chancellor (November 15, 2019). "The Arrowverse unites in first official 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' photos". Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on November 15, 2019. Retrieved November 15, 2019.
- Heldman, Breanne (August 12, 2018). "Riverdale Dominates Teen Choice Awards 2018: See the Full List of Winners". People. Retrieved August 27, 2018.