Lotz at the 2016 WonderCon in Los Angeles, California promoting Legends of Tomorrow
|Born||Caity Marie Lotz
December 30, 1986
San Diego, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Actress, dancer, martial artist practitioner, singer, model|
Caity Marie Lotz (born December 30, 1986, San Diego, California) is an American actress, dancer, martial artist practitioner, singer, and model. She is known for her roles as Officer Kirsten Landry in the MTV mockumentary series Death Valley (2011), as Annie in The Pact (2012), and as Sara Lance/White Canary in The CW's series Arrow (2013–present) and DC's Legends of Tomorrow (2016–present).
Lotz started her career as a dancer, touring with Avril Lavigne and Lady Gaga, starring in music videos including Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi" and "LoveGame", David Guetta and Estelle's "One Love", Selena Gomez's "Tell Me Something I Don't Know", Faith Evans' "Mesmerized", T-Pain's "Freeze", JoJo's "Baby It's You", Cascada's "Evacuate the Dancefloor", Kaci Brown's " Instigator (album)" and Wang Leehom "Gai Shi Ying Xiong. Also she was on Dancing with the Stars (U.S. season 8) as Lady Gaga's back dancer for "LoveGame". The Avril Lavigne tour that she was one was called "The Best Damn Tour: Live in Toronto"
She appeared in adverts for Reebok, Jack in the Box, and T-Mobile, danced in the web series The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers, toured with the hip hop theatre production Groovaloo, and stunt-doubled in films including Step Up 3D. Lotz is a martial artist, with some training in Taekwondo, Wushu , Krav Maga , Kali martial arts and Muay Thai. She is also a practitioner of Parkour and Tricking.
In 2005, Lotz joined the girl group Soccx. In 2006, the group released their debut single "From Dusk Till Dawn (Get the Party Started)", which was followed up in 2007 by the single "Scream Out Loud", both of which reached the top 10 in Germany. Their début album, Hold On, was also released in 2007 and their third single, "Can't Take My Eyes Off You", was released in 2008.
Lotz did her acting training at Sanford Meisner for 2 years. Lotz began her acting career in 2006 with a small role in the cheerleading film Bring It On: All or Nothing. She followed that up in 2010 with a part in the third episode of Law & Order: LA and a recurring role in the fourth season of the AMC drama Mad Men as Stephanie, Anna Draper's niece. In 2011, Lotz starred as Officer Kirsten Landry, one of the main characters in the MTV horror, black comedy mockumentary series Death Valley. Lotz performs all her own stunts on the show.
In 2012, Lotz had roles in Live at the Foxes Den, Battle of the Year: The Dream Team alongside Josh Holloway and alongside Casper Van Dien and Agnes Bruckner in the supernatural thriller The Pact, which débuted at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival and has been picked up for distribution. Lotz also appears starting in season 2 of Arrow as Sara Lance, a character believed dead who returns as a costumed vigilante known as Canary.
She is currently starring as Sara Lance/White Canary in Legends of Tomorrow, an Arrow spin-off. She had the lead role in the science fiction film The Machine, which had its UK release on March 21, 2014 and had its US release on April 25, 2014. In May 2014, she reprised her role as Stephanie in the seventh season of Mad Men. She reprised her role in the highly anticipated series finale of the show, aired on May 17, 2015.
|2006||Bring It On: All or Nothing||Pacific Vista Cheerleader|
|2012||Pact, TheThe Pact||Annie Barlow|
|2012||Cold & Ugly||Tanya Pavelovna||Short film|
|2013||Machine, TheThe Machine||Ava / The Machine||Toronto After Dark Film Festival Award for Best Actress
Nominated – British Independent Film Award for Most Promising Newcomer
|2013||Battle of the Year||Stacy|
|2013||Out of the Blue||Dominique||Short film|
|2013||Live at the Foxes Den||Susan Hudson|
|2014||Pact 2, TheThe Pact 2||Annie Barlow|
|2014||Missed Call||Kirsten||Short film|
|2015||400 Days||Dr. Emily McTier|
|2016||Superhero Fight Club 2.0||Sara Lance / White Canary||Short film|
|2017||Small Town Crime||Heidi||In post-production|
|2010||Law & Order: LA||Amy Reynolds||Episode: "Harbor City"|
|2011||Death Valley||Officer Kirsten Landry||11 episodes|
|2012||NTSF:SD:SUV::||Mary||Episode: "Lights, Camera, Assassination"|
|2013–present||Arrow||Sara Lance / The Canary / White Canary||Recurring (Seasons 2–5; 31 episodes)|
|2014||Stalker||Melissa Barnes||Episode: "Love Is a Battlefield"|
|2010–15||Mad Men||Stephanie Horton||5 episodes|
|2016||Robot Chicken||Voice role||Episode: "Fridge Smell"|
|2016–present||Legends of Tomorrow||Sara Lance / White Canary||Main role|
|2016||The Flash||Sara Lance / White Canary||Episode: "Invasion!"|
|2013||Burning Love||Hathwell's date||Episode: "Burn Baby Burn"|
- "Caity Lotz: There were a few spooky moments on the set of The Pact". The Metro. Retrieved September 15, 2012.
- "Caity Lotz". MTV. Retrieved January 5, 2012.
- "Caity Lotz talks Dance, Traveling Back in Time for Mad Men". Gender Across Borders. August 24, 2010. Retrieved January 5, 2012.
- "Exclusive Interview: Kick Ass Caity Lotz From MTV's DEATH VALLEY Talks About Zombies, Parcour and Twilight's Jackson Rathbone". Daemon's TV. Retrieved January 5, 2012.
- "That's What She Said: Caity Lotz". Men's Health. October 11, 2011. Retrieved January 5, 2012.
- "Esquire Presents Me in My Place with Caity Lotz". Esquire. Retrieved January 5, 2012.
- "Josh Holloway, Laz Alonso and Chris Brown Lead 'Planet B Boy' Cast". The Hollywood Reporter. October 26, 2011. Retrieved January 5, 2012.
- "Exclusive: 'Death Valley' Star Caity Lotz on Her Sundance Film 'The Pact'". Fearnet. December 30, 2011. Retrieved January 5, 2012.
- "THE PACT". Sundance Film Festival. Retrieved January 5, 2012.
- "Sundance 2012: Caity Lotz – extremely hot, and incredibly badass – saves 'The Pact'". Entertainment Weekly. January 26, 2012. Retrieved February 10, 2012.
- Abrams, Natalie (July 19, 2013). "Exclusive: Arrow Boss Sets the Record Straight on Black Canary Casting". TVGuide.com.
- Prudom, Laura (July 30, 2013). "Black Canary On 'Arrow': CW President Mark Pedowitz Shares More On The Superhero's Origin Story". Huffington Post. Retrieved July 30, 2013.
- William Bibbiani (April 16, 2014). "The Machine: Caity Lotz on Robot Acting and Arrow". Crave Online.
- Ohad Amram (November 15, 2013). "Watch: Caity Lotz Makes For One Dangerous 'Machine' in Trailer for New Thriller". Indie Wire. Retrieved May 6, 2014.