This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
S&P 600 Component
Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (NASDAQ: CALM) is a fresh egg producer, established in 1969 and based in Jackson, Mississippi, in the United States. Its eggs are sold mostly in mid-Atlantic, midwestern, southeastern, and southwestern states. It accounts for approximately a quarter of US egg consumption.
Cal-Maine is a public company trading on the NASDAQ, headed by its founder, Fred R. Adams, Jr., whose family owns a controlling interest.
In 2018, an investigation at Lake Wales Farm by the animal rights group Animal Recovery Mission (ARM) indicated that chickens suffer inhumane living conditions and abuse by employees.
- Cal-Maine Farms, Inc.
- Southern Equipment Distributors, Inc.
- South Texas Applicators, Inc.
- Cal-Maine Partnership, Ltd.
- CMF of Kansas, LLC.
- Wong, Vanessa (21 March 2017). "Egg Makers Are Freaked Out By The Cage-Free Future". BuzzFeed. Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- Francuz, James (January 16, 2018). "Investigation Suggests Brutal Abuse Of Chickens At Lake Wales Farm". Inquisitr. Retrieved January 17, 2018.