Cal State Northridge Matadors baseball
|Cal State Northridge Matadors|
|University||California State University, Northridge|
|Head coach||Greg Moore (3rd season)|
|Home stadium||Matador Field |
|Colors||Red, White, and Black|
|NCAA Tournament champions|
|Division II: 1970, 1984|
|College World Series runner-up|
|Division II: 1972, 1990|
|NCAA Tournament appearances|
|1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 2002|
The Cal State Northridge Matadors baseball team represents California State University, Northridge in the sport of baseball. The team competes in NCAA Division I in the Big West Conference. They are currently led by head coach Greg Moore, who coached his first season in 2014.
The program was established in 1959, and competed at the Division II level until 1990. The Matadors were associate members of the Western Athletic Conference (WAC) from 1991 through 1996, and joined the Big West in 2002 after five seasons as an independent.
While in Division II, Cal State Northridge claimed a pair of national championships (1970, 1974), two runner-ups (1972, 1990), and several other College World Series appearances. At the Division I level, the Matadors have appeared in five NCAA Tournaments.
- Lyman Bostock (1971–1972)
- Jason Thompson (1973–1975)
- Adam Kennedy (Second Baseman, born 1976) 2002 ALCS MVP with the Anaheim Angels (1995-1997)
- CSUN Matadors Brand Identity, Usage and Style Guide (PDF). June 22, 2015. Retrieved March 30, 2016.
- 2011 Baseball Media Guide. Cal State Northridge. p. 62. Retrieved June 3, 2014.
|This article about a baseball team in California is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|