|Comune di Calcinate|
|• Mayor||Flaminio Tisi|
|• Total||14 km2 (5 sq mi)|
|Elevation||186 m (610 ft)|
|• Density||380/km2 (980/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||Sts. Peter and Paul|
|Saint day||June 29|
The origin of the town are Gaulish and Roman, though it is first mentioned in a document from 1148. It was conquered by the Republic of Venice in the 15th century, and remained to it until 1797. In that period it became a flourishing agricultural centre.
- Santa Maria Assunta - baroque parish church
- San Martino (c. 14th century) - romanesque church
- Manolo Gabbiadini (born 1991), footballer for Southampton F.C. in England
- Andrea Belotti (born 1993), footballer for Torino F.C.
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
|This article on a location in the Province of Bergamo is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|