Calculate Linux Desktop 11.0 GNOME - workspace.
|Developer||Calculate Linux team|
|Source model||Open source|
|Initial release||6 June 2007|
|Latest release||18 / 7 October 2018|
|Available in||English, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Italian, Romanian, Russian, Ukrainian, Polish and French|
|Kernel type||Monolithic Linux kernel|
|Default user interface||KDE Plasma, Cinnamon, MATE or XFCE.|
|License||Various, mostly GNU GPL|
Calculate Linux is distributed in five flavours: Calculate Linux Desktop (CLD), Calculate Directory Server (CDS), Calculate Linux Scratch (CLS), Calculate Scratch Server (CSS) and Calculate Linux Container (CLC).
Bootable Live CDs are available for all versions. They can be used to install Calculate Linux on a hard drive or USB flash drive.
Calculate Linux features rolling release model of binary updates, however, it remains compatible with Gentoo source packages through Portage. It features a custom graphical installer allowing the user to configure many options during the install including the preference of Pulse Audio or ALSA for sound. It can be installed on a USB-Flash or a USB-HDD with ext4, ext3, ext2, reiserfs, btrfs, xfs, jfs, nilfs2 or FAT32. The Interactive System Build allows you to change the distribution and create new ISO images.
Calculate Linux includes a natively developed set of tools named Calculate Utilities, based on the Qt5 framework. These tools offer the option to configure and update the system as well and assemble custom LiveCD images.
- Calculate Linux Desktop KDE/Xfce/MATE/Cinnamon is a desktop based on KDE, Xfce, MATE or Cinnamon, intended as a client/workstation. Features quick installation, easy system updates and ability to store user accounts on the server.
- Calculate Directory Server can act as a domain controller and can configure Samba, Mail, XMPP, Proxy services using simple Unix-like commands supplied by the Calculate 3 utility package.
- Calculate Linux Scratch is intended primarily for administrators and users, who want to have their own Linux distribution optimized for specific situations. With CLS, you can create a bootable liveCD or USB-Flash installation media with any set of software you need.
- Calculate Scratch Server, a minimal server with only the Linux Kernel and Calculate Utilities.
- Calculate Linux Container, is created specially to be installed in a LXC/LXD container.
|Version||Release date||Kernel version|
|9.5||29 April 2009||N/A|
|9.6||28 May 2009||N/A|
|9.7||26 September 2009||N/A|
|9.9||29 September 2009||N/A|
|10.0||4 December 2009||N/A|
|10.2||12 January 2010||188.8.131.52|
|10.4||8 April 2010||184.108.40.206|
|10.9||8 October 2010||220.127.116.11|
|11.0||21 January 2011||18.104.22.168|
|11.3||12 March 2011||22.214.171.124|
|11.6||30 June 2011||126.96.36.199|
|11.6.1||24 July 2011||188.8.131.52|
|11.9||1 October 2011||3.0.4|
|11.15||14 March 2012||3.2.8|
|12.0||28 July 2012||3.4.5|
|12.0.2||17 August 2012||3.4.5|
|13||28 December 2012||3.6.7|
|13.4||21 April 2013||3.8.4|
|13.6||22 June 2013||3.9.6|
|13.11||23 November 2013||3.10.19|
|13.11.1||5 March 2014||3.12|
|13.19||2 July 2014||3.14.9|
|14||5 September 2014||3.14.17|
|14.12||17 December 2014||3.14.25|
|14.12.1||31 December 2014||3.14.27|
|14.16||21 April 2015||3.18.11|
|14.16.2||5 June 2015||3.18.14|
|15||30 September 2015||3.18.20|
|15.12||31 December 2015||4.2.8|
|15.17||20 May 2016||4.4.9|
|17||30 December 2016|
|17.6||1 July 2017|
|17.12||30 December 2017||4.14|
|17.12.2||22 February 2018||4.14.19|
|18||7 October 2018||4.18.12|
|“||If you're interested in Gentoo but don't want to dive in head-first then Calculate might be for you. The project's documentation could be improved but if you're an experienced Linux user than I'm sure you'll slowly get familiar with Portage's more advanced features.
I think people who want to avoid systemd should also consider Calculate. The distro is perfectly usable without ever compiling software from source. Everything "just worked" and the developers have clearly made a huge effort to make a polished operating system.
- "history". www.calculate-linux.ru. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- "Calculate Linux 18 released - Calculate Linux Blog".
- "Calculate Linux Desktop (CLD)". www.calculate-linux.ru. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- Stahie, Silviu. "Calculate Linux 14.12 Is Based on Gentoo and Has Numerous Flavors". softpedia. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- "DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD". distrowatch.com. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- Nestor, Marius. "Gentoo-Based Calculate Linux 14.16.2 Switches to the OpenRC Init System". Softpedia. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- Nestor, Marius. "Gentoo-Based Calculate Linux 18 Released with Linux Kernel 4.18, Faster Boot". softpedia. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- "Calculate Utilities". www.calculate-linux.ru. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- Calculate Linux 17.12.2 released - Planet Calculate
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Calculate Linux Desktop.|