Compressor of a turbocharger
|Original author(s)||Guido Dhondt, Klaus Wittig|
2.13 / 8 October 2017
|Operating system||Linux, Windows|
|Type||Finite element analysis|
|License||GPL (free software)|
CalculiX is a free and open-source finite-element analysis application that uses an input format similar to Abaqus. It has an implicit and explicit solver (CCX) written by Guido Dhondt and a pre- and post-processor (CGX) written by Klaus Wittig. The original software was written for the Linux operating system. Convergent Mechanical has ported the application to the Windows operating system.
The pre-processor component of CalculiX can generate grid data for the computational fluid dynamics programs duns, ISAAC and OpenFOAM. It can also generate input data for the commercial FEM programs Nastran, Ansys and Abaqus. The pre-processor can also generate mesh data from STL files. 
There is an active online community that provides support via a Yahoo! discussion group. Convergent Mechanical also provides installation support for their extended version of CalculiX for Windows.
A Python library, pycalculix, was written to automate the creation of CalculiX models in the Python programming language. The library provides Python access to building, loading, meshing, solving, and querying CalculiX results for 2D models. Pycalculix was written by Justin Black. Examples and tutorials are available on the pycalculix site.
FreeCAD  has developed a FEM workbench which automates the creation of Calculix models.
- Guido Dhondt: "The Finite Element Method for Three-Dimensional Thermomechanical Applications". Wiley, Hoboken 2004, ISBN 0-470-85752-8
- Current CCX documentation
- Current CGX documentation
- Getting Started Guide
- FreeCAD FEM workbench for CalCulix
- CalculiX website.
- How To Install CalculiX 2.6 multi-thread under Ubuntu 11.04 and later.
- Convergent Mechanical's website.
- CalculiX Review by iMechanica.
- CGX Documentation.
- CalculiX Yahoo! Group.
- CalculiX Launcher (SourceForge).
- CalculiX Launcher.
- New application on Sun Grid: Calculix, May 2007.
- pycalculix website.
- FreeCAD website.
- Official website
- Searchable online documentation
- CalculiX for Windows
- CalculiX Discussion Group
- pycalculix website
- FreeCAD FEM workbench
- MFront code generator for CalculiX
|This free-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This scientific software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|