Calcutta Cricket & Football Club
||Club home page
The Calcutta Cricket & Football Club (CC&FC) is a sports club based in Kolkata, India. It was founded in 1792, and is one of the oldest sports clubs in the world. The club is associated with sports such as cricket, football, rugby, hockey, swimming, tennis and Cycle Polo. At present, it is playing in the 2nd Division of the Calcutta Football League.
The Club was founded as the Calcutta Cricket Club Clippers by British expatriates who had come over with the British East India Company. It is known to have been in existence by 1792. Later it was merged with the Calcutta Football Club and the Ballygunge Cricket Club over the years to become the Calcutta Cricket and Football Club. Run by the British, Calcutta Football Club was once one of the leading football teams and had a great rivalry specially with Mohun Bagan. Other rivals were Mohammedan Sporting, Aryan, Dalhousie etc.
Calcutta Cricket & Football Club (CCFC) has won the Calcutta Football League and the prestigious IFA Shield on several occasions – CFL: 8 times, IFA Shield: 9 times.
A large number of luminaries are associated with the club, including:
- Football: Chuni Goswami, Subhas Bhowmick, S. Bhattacharjee, Pradip Choudhury, P. Ganguly, Santo Mitra, Shyam Thapa.
- Hockey: Keshav Chandra Datt, Gurbux Singh, Dr. Vece Paes, Anand Mandapaka.
- Cricket: Punya B. Datta, Dilip Doshi, A. Gandotra Devang Gandhi, Sourav Ganguly, Saba Karim, Arun Lal, Pranab Roy, Biswajit Bhowmick.
- Tennis: Chiradip Mukerjea, Enrico Piperno, Leander Paes.
- ^ Rowland Bowen, Some dates in Indian cricket history, Wisden 1967. Recent Wisdens have neither endorsed nor rejected this.
- ^ http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/12051.html
- ^ http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/28107.html
- ^ 
- ^ http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/28770.html
- ^ 
- ^ http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/33187.html