Calcutta Stock Exchange
|Calcutta Stock Exchange
দি ক্যালকাটা স্টক এক্সচেঞ্জ
|Founded||1830, incorporated in 1908|
|Owner||The Calcutta Stock Exchange Limited|
|Key people||Dipankar Chatterji (Chairman)
B. Madhav Reddy (MD & CEO)
|Currency||Indian rupee (₹)|
|No. of listings||2,700~|
|Market cap||₹1,40,141 Crores (2009)|
Calcutta Stock Exchange, also abbreviated to CSE, (Bengali: দি ক্যালকাটা স্টক এক্সচেঞ্জ di kyalkata stôk ekschenj) located at the Lyons Range, Kolkata, India, is the oldest stock exchange in South Asia. It was incorporated in 1908 and is the second largest bourse in India.
In 1830, the bourse activities in Kolkata used to conducted under a neem tree. The earliest record of dealings in securities in India is the British East India Company’s loan securities. In 1908, the stock exchange was incorporated and consisted of 150 members. The present building at the Lyons Range was constructed in 1928. The Calcutta Stock Exchange Ltd was granted permanent recognition by the Government of India with effect from April 14, 1980 under the relevant provisions of the Securities Contracts (Regulation) Act, 1956. The Calcutta Stock Exchange followed the familiar outcry system for stock trading up until 1997, when it was replaced by an electronic (eTrading) system known as C-STAR (CSE Screen Based Trading And Reporting). The full form of CSE is Calcutta Stock Exchange.
The Calcutta Stock Exchange Limited
Board Of Directors
- Sri Dipankar Chatterji - Public Interest Director and Chairman of the Board
- Sri B Madhav Reddy - Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer
- Sri Prasad Ranjan Ray, IAS (Retd.) - Public Interest Director
- Sri Bhaskar Sen - Public Interest Director
- Sri Ravi Poddar - Shareholder Director
- Sri Sanjay Budhia - Shareholder Director
- Sri Mohan Goenka - Shareholder Director
- Sri Purushottam Saraf - Shareholder Director
- Sri B. Madhav Reddy - Managing Director & CEO
- Sri M.A.V Raju - General Manager
- Sri Prasanjit Dutta - Chief Financial Officer & Secretary
- Sri Dhiraj Chakraborty - Dy. General Manager (HR, Margin & Business Development)
- Sri Partha Sarathi Mohapatra - Dy. General Manager (Information Technology)
- Smt Sripriya Senthilkumar - Dy. General Manager (Stock Exchange Operation)
- Sri Amit Santra - Manager (Surveillance)
- Sri Asis Maity - Manager (Market Operation)
One Index is in use:
- CSE - 40 index
- CSE Factbook. Calcutta Stock Exchange Association Ltd.
- "Lights on at Lyons Range - Bombay bourse boost for city exchange". The Telegraph. 8 November 2007. Retrieved 27 December 2008.
- Pradeep Gooptu; Namrata Achary (2 December 2008). "CSE to focus on smaller companies". Business Standard. Retrieved 27 December 2008.
- "BSE buys 5% in Calcutta Stock Exchange". Economic Times. 29 August 2007. Retrieved 27 December 2008.