Calderwood, New South Wales
New South Wales
|Population||173 (2016 census)|
|LGA(s)||City of Shellharbour|
Calderwood is a suburb in the City of Shellharbour in New South Wales, Australia, lying to the Northwest of Albion Park. At the 2016 census, Calderwood had a population of 173. It is currently undergoing suburban redevelopment through Lendlease. 
At the 2016 census, there were 173 people in Calderwood.
- The most common birth location was Australia (73.9%) followed by England (5.7%), Spain (3.4%), Scotland (1.7%), Netherlands (1.7%) and Italy (1.7%).
- 87% of people only spoke English at home.
- The most common responses for religion were Catholic (39.5%), Anglican (31.7%) and No Religion (14.4%).
There is currently 1 school in Calderwood:
The main recreational attraction in Calderwood is the Calderwood Valley Golf Course, which has a total of 18 holes totaling 5091 metres.
Calderwood is currently undergoing a suburban redevelopment through Lendlease. According to the Calderwood Valley Masterplan, there is:
- A proposed village centre and town centre
- A proposed government primary school and government high school
- A proposed permanent community centre
- A proposed recreation precinct and park.
The development is set to be one of the largest master-planned communities in the Illawarra region, with 609 hectares providing around 4,800 homes for an estimated 12,500 residents.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Calderwood". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 24 July 2017.
- "Calderwood". Geographical Names Board of New South Wales. New South Wales Government. Retrieved 24 July 2017.