Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Converting a Julian or Gregorian calendar date to its Julian day number and vice versa (see the section on calculation in that article for details).
- The number of days between two dates, which is simply the difference in their Julian day numbers.
- The dates of moveable holidays, like Christian Easter (the calculation is known as Computus) followed up by Ascension Thursday and Pentecost or Advent Sundays, or the Jewish Passover, for a given year.
- Converting a date between different calendars. For instance, dates in the Gregorian calendar can be converted to dates in the Islamic calendar with the Kuwaiti algorithm.
- Calculating the day of the week.
- Edward M. Reingold and Nachum Dershowitz. Calendrical Calculations: The Ultimate Edition. Cambridge University Press; (2018). ISBN 978-0-521-88540-9
- "Unlocking the brain's potential". BBC. 10 March 2001. Retrieved 8 February 2021.