Calgary Forest Lawn
|Alberta electoral district|
Boundaries of Calgary Forest Lawn as of the 2013 Representation Order
|Federal electoral district|
|Legislature||House of Commons|
|District webpage||profile, map|
|Pop. density (per km²)||2,042.5|
|Census divisions||Division No. 6|
Calgary Forest Lawn was created by the 2012 federal electoral boundaries redistribution and was defined in the 2013 representation order. It came into effect upon the call of the 42nd Canadian federal election, scheduled for October 2015. It was created out of parts of the electoral districts of Calgary East and Calgary Northeast.
It is named after the Calgary neighbourhood of Forest Lawn.
Ethnic groups: 47.4% White, 11.0% South Asian, 7.9% Filipino, 6.7% Southeast Asian, 6.1% Black, 5.2% Chinese, 5.0% Arab, 5.0% Indigenous, 2.6% Latino, 3.1% Other
Languages: 59.1% English, 5.2% Vietnamese, 4.7% Chinese, 4.7% Tagalog, 4.6% Punjabi, 3.8% Arabic, 2.6% Spanish, 1.5% Urdu, 1.4% French, 12.4% Other
Religions: 49.6% Christian, 11.6% Muslim, 6.0% Buddhist, 4.7% Sikh, 2.2% Hindu, 0.7% Other, 25.2% None
Median income: $27,331 (2010)
Average income: $33,458 (2010)
Members of Parliament
This riding has elected the following members of the House of Commons of Canada:
|Calgary Forest Lawn
Riding created from Calgary East and Calgary Northeast
The seat became vacant on August 2, 2019 with the death of Deepak Obhrai. Since the vacancy occurred less than nine months before the fixed-date general election of October 21, 2019, no by-election will be held.
|2019 Canadian federal election|
|New Democratic||Joe Pimlott||4,227||10.6||+0.84|
|Christian Heritage||Esther Sutherland||222||0.6||-|
|Veterans Coalition||William James Ryder||91||0.2||-|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||39,964||100.0|
|Total rejected ballots||395|
|Source: Elections Canada|
|2015 Canadian federal election|
|New Democratic||Abdou Souraya||4,006||9.76||–3.39||$36,479.40|
|Democratic Advancement||Max Veress||134||0.33||–||–|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||41,047||100.00||$207,423.03|
|Total rejected ballots||345||0.83||–|
|Source: Elections Canada|
|2011 federal election redistributed results|
- Statistics Canada: 2011
- Timeline for the Redistribution of Federal Electoral Districts
- Report – Alberta
- "The Honourable Deepak Obhrai - Roles". House of Commons of Canada. Retrieved 2019-08-20.
- Sarah Rieger (2019-08-03). "MP Deepak Obhrai remembered by Calgarians as a 'true statesman'". CBC News. Retrieved 2019-08-20.
- "A Federal Seat is Vacant in Calgary Forest Lawn". Elections Canada (Press release). 2019-08-20. Retrieved 2019-08-20.
- "List of confirmed candidates". Elections Canada. Retrieved October 4, 2019.
- "Election Night Results". Elections Canada. Retrieved November 8, 2019.
- "October 19, 2015 Election Results — Calgary Forest Lawn (Validated results)". Elections Canada. 20 October 2015. Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- Elections Canada – Preliminary Election Expenses Limits for Candidates Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine
- Pundits' Guide to Canadian Elections
|This article about a Canadian electoral district is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|