Calgary Roller Derby Association
|Metro area||Calgary, Alberta|
|Teams||All-Stars (travel team)
Cut-Throat Car Hops
|Venue||Max Bell Arena
The Calgary Roller Derby Association (CRDA) is a not-for-profit flat-track roller derby league based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. CRDA was originally formed as the Sandstone City Roller Girls in 2006, and restructed as the Calgary Roller Derby Association in, is skater-owned and skater-operated and is a non-profit organization.
Currently, there are four teams within the league: The Cut-Throat Car Hops, the Thrashin' Lassies, the B-52 Bellas, and the All-Stars (travel team). The Hellion Rebellion were renamed the All-Stars in 2012. The Jane Deeres (travel B team) was defunct as of summer 2009. Each of these teams has a roster of approximately 15 skaters. There is also a Fresh Meat team of new skaters.
The league skates from April until September, at Triwood Arena, with charity and invitational scrimmages during the off-season. Skaters also frequently travel throughout the province to participate in invitational bouts.
The league was accepted into the Women's Flat Track Derby Association Apprentice Programme in January 2013. CRDA achieved full member status in the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA) in December 2013, becoming the first full WFTDA member league in Alberta.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Calgary Roller Derby Association.|
- Jamieson, Nikki (18 April 2015). "'Empowered' women kick off eighth roller derby season in Calgary". Calgary Herald. Retrieved 4 July 2015.
- "WFTDA Accepts 16 Apprentice Members", WFTDA, 31 January 2013
- Frey, Rachael (6 March 2013). "Calgary Roller Derby Association seeks tougher competition and higher skill". Calgary Journal. Retrieved 4 July 2015.
- "WFTDA Welcomes 22 New Full Member Leagues". WFTDA. 22 December 2013. Retrieved 4 July 2015.
- "STAHR ready for big leagues". St. Albert Leader. Retrieved 4 July 2015.