The district was formed in July 1948 with the consolidation of the Seadrift, Olivia, Six Mile, Long Mott, Magnolia Beach, Kamey, Port O'Connor, and Roemerville districts into the Port Lavaca Independent School District. As the consolidation resulted in the combined district having boundaries coinciding with those of Calhoun County, the district took its present name in September 1948.
- Calhoun High School (Port Lavaca; grades 9–12)
- Travis Middle School (Port Lavaca; grades 6–8)
- Seadrift School (Seadrift; grades PK–8)
- Port O'Connor Elementary School (Port O'Connor; grades PK–5)
- Jackson-Roosevelt Elementary School (Port Lavaca; grades PK–5)
- Harrison-Jefferson-Madison Elementary School (Port Lavaca; grades PK–5)
- Hope Alternative High School (Port Lavaca; grades 9–12)
- "CCISD History". Archived from the original on 2013-12-19. Retrieved 2014-05-02.
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-10-25.
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program, Schools Recognized 1982-1983 Through 1999-2002 (PDF) Archived March 26, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- Microsoft Word - list-2003.doc