Calhoun Isles, Minneapolis
Location of Calhoun-Isles within the U.S. city of Minneapolis
|• Total||5.520 sq mi (14.30 km2)|
|• Density||5,400/sq mi (2,100/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP code||55403, 55405, 55408, 55416|
Calhoun-Isles is one of the official communities (a grouping of several official neighborhoods) of Minneapolis, Minnesota. It contains the Uptown business district and the name "Uptown" is frequently (though somewhat incorrectly) used to refer to the entire community. The name of the community refers to its most prominent physical features, the large and publicly accessible lakes, Lake Calhoun and Lake of the Isles.
Calhoun-Isles is an affluent part of the city, and people of upper middle class means and above, including young professionals and older millionaires, inhabit the community. The Uptown district is considered by many to be the nighttime playground of the young and trendy of the Twin Cities.
Neighborhoods of Calhoun-Isles
- Bryn Mawr
- Lowry Hill
- Lowry Hill East (AKA "The Wedge")
- East Calhoun (AKA "ECCO")
- West Calhoun
- East Isles
- "Calhoun Isles neighborhood in Minneapolis, Minnesota (MN), 55403, 55405, 55408, 55416 detailed profile". City-Data. 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- "Minneapolis Community Profile: Calhoun Isles" (PDF). Minnesota Compass. October 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- Calhoun-Isles, Minneapolis, MN. Google Earth. Retrieved 2011-03-09.