California Attorney General election, 2014
Election results by county
|Elections in California|
The 2014 California Attorney General election was held on November 4, 2014, to elect the Attorney General of California. Incumbent Democratic Attorney General Kamala Harris ran for re-election to a second term in office.
A primary election was held on June 3, 2014. Under California's nonpartisan blanket primary law, all candidates appear on the same ballot, regardless of party. In the primary, voters may vote for any candidate, regardless of their party affiliation. The top two finishers — regardless of party — advance to the general election in November, even if a candidate manages to receive a majority of the votes cast in the primary election. Harris and Republican Ronald Gold finished first and second, respectively, and contested the general election, which Harris won.
- Ronald Gold, former Deputy Attorney General
- John Haggerty
- David King
- Phil Wyman, former State Assemblyman and former State Senator
- Jonathan Jaech
No Party Preference
- Orly Taitz, "birther" activist, candidate for Secretary of State of California in 2010 and for the U.S. Senate in 2012
|Democratic||Kamala Harris (Incumbent)||2,177,480||53.17|
|No party preference||Orly Taitz||130,451||3.19|
|GQR/American Viewpoint||October 22–29, 2014||1,162||± 3.3%||51%||37%||12%|
|Field Poll||October 15–28, 2014||941||± 3.4%||49%||36%||15%|
|Field Poll||August 14–28, 2014||467||± 4.8%||49%||37%||14%|
|Democratic||Kamala Harris (Incumbent)||4,102,649||57.49|
- Don Thompson, Associated Press (3 May 2014). "Incumbents seek re-election to 5 statewide offices". Fresno Bee. Retrieved 2014-05-10.
- Paul Blumenthal (February 11, 2014). "California Attorney General Kamala Harris Announcing Re-Election Bid". CBS Sacramento. Retrieved March 9, 2014.
- "Official certified list of candidates" (PDF). Attorney General. California Secretary of State. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "GOP Obama "Birther" Critic Joins State Race for Attorney General". AllGov.com. February 21, 2014. Retrieved March 9, 2014.
- "Obama 'birther' critic Orly Taitz files for California AG race". The Sacramento Bee. February 19, 2014. Retrieved March 9, 2014.
- "Statement of Vote June 3, 2014, Statewide Direct Primary Election" (PDF). California Secretary of State. Retrieved September 25, 2014.
- "Statement of Vote November 4, 2014, General Election" (PDF). California Secretary of State. Retrieved December 30, 2014.
- Attorney General - Statewide Results
- California Attorney General election, 2014 at Ballotpedia
- Campaign contributions at FollowTheMoney.org
- Official campaign websites