California Department of Education
|Annual budget||US$ 53.2 billion (2011)|
The department oversees funding and testing, and holds local educational agencies accountable for student achievement. Its stated mission is to provide leadership, assistance, oversight, and resources (via teaching and teaching material) so that every Californian has access to a good education.
The State Board of Education is the governing and policy-making body, and the State Superintendent of Public Instruction is the nonpartisan (originally partisan) elected executive officer. Superintendents serve four-year terms. The current Superintendent of Public Instruction is Tom Torlakson. The Superintendent serves as the state's chief spokesperson for public schools, and provides education policy and direction to local school districts. He also serves as an ex officio member of governing boards of the state's higher education system.
- California State Superintendent of Public Instruction
- California State Board of Education
- California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
- School accreditation
- List of school districts in California
- List of school districts in California by county
Colleges and Universities
- California Community Colleges System
- California State University System
- University of California System
- List of colleges and universities in California
- "Home." California Department of Education. Retrieved on December 21, 2011. "California Department of Education 1430 N Street Sacramento, CA 95814"
- California Department of Education official website
- California teacher's credentials database
- California Department of Education Statistics and Schools
|This California school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|