California Historical Landmark
Historical significance is determined by meeting at least one of the criteria listed below:
- The first, last, only, or most significant of its type in the state or within a large geographic region (Northern, Central, or Southern California);
- Associated with an individual or group having a profound influence on the history of California; or
- A prototype of, or an outstanding example of, a period, style, architectural movement or construction; or is one of the more notable works, or the best surviving work in a region, of a pioneer architect, designer, or master builder.
California Historical Landmarks of number 770 and above are automatically listed in the California Register of Historical Resources.
The Golden Gate Bridge, connecting San Francisco with Marin County
The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, opened in 1923
Federal historical landmarks
Local historical landmarks
- Bakersfield Register of Historic Places and Areas of Historic Interest
- Berkeley Landmarks, Structures of Merit, and Historic Districts
- Glendale Register of Historic Resources and Historic Districts
- Long Beach historic landmarks
- Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments
- Oakland Designated Landmarks
- San Diego Historic Landmarks
- San Francisco Designated Landmarks
- San Luis Obispo Historic Resources
- Santa Barbara Historic Landmarks
- Santa Monica Designated Historic Landmarks
- City of Ventura Historic Landmarks and Districts
- Ventura County Historic Landmarks & Points of Interest
- www.californiahistoricallandmarks.com, private listings of California Historical Landmark
- Historical Landmark Database, private listings of Historical Landmark
- Historical California Landmark Database, private listings of California Historical Landmark
- "California Historical Landmarks". State of California, Office of Historic Preservation. Retrieved 2011-12-01.
- State of California, Office of Historic Preservation, California Historical Landmarks Registration
- Johnson, Marael (1995). Why Stop? A Guide to California Roadside Historical Markers. Houston, TX: Gulf Publishing Company. p. 213. ISBN 9780884159230. OCLC 32168093.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to |
California Historical Landmarks.
- Official OHP—California Office of Historic Preservation website
- OHP: California Historical Sites searchpage — links to lists by county.