California Institute of Integral Studies
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2009)|
|California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS)|
|American Academy of Asian Studies, California Institute of Asian Studies|
|President||Joseph L. Subbiondo|
|69 core faculty|
|Location||San Francisco, California|
|Colors||Blue and Gold|
|Rajnarayan Basu (Maternal grandfather) • Manmohan Ghose (Elder brother) • Barin Ghosh (Younger brother) • Krishna Kumar Mitra (Maternal uncle)|
|Anushilan Samiti • Jugantar • Partition of Bengal • Alipore bomb case • Jugantar Patrika • Bande Mataram|
|Speeches and books|
|Uttarpara Speech • Collected Works • Life Divine • Synthesis of Yoga • Savitri • Agenda|
Involution (Sri Aurobindo) • Evolution • Integral psychology • Integral yoga • Intermediate zone • Supermind
|Matrimandir • Pondicherry|
|Sri Aurobindo Ashram • Auroville|
|The Mother • Champaklal • N.K. Gupta • Amal Kiran • Nirodbaran • Pavitra • M.P. Pandit • P.K. Bhattacharya • A.B. Purani • D.K. Roy • Satprem • Indra Sen • Kapali Shastri|
|Journals and Forums|
|Arya • Mother India • Collaboration|
|Auro University • The Mother's International School • CIIS • Esalen|
The California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is a private institution of higher education founded in 1968 and based in San Francisco, California. It currently operates in two locations just south of the Civic Center district. CIIS has a total of 1,400 students and 72 core faculty members.
The Institute consists of three schools: the School of Professional Psychology & Health, the School of Consciousness and Transformation (mainly humanities subjects), and the School of Undergraduate Studies. Many courses combine mainstream academic curriculum with a spiritual orientation, including influences from a broad spectrum of mystical or esoteric traditions. Although the Institute has no official spiritual path, some of its historical roots lie among followers of the Bengali sage Sri Aurobindo.
- Revoked APA accreditation
In 2003, the Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) program in Clinical Psychology received accreditation from the American Psychological Association (APA). This accreditation was revoked in 2011. CIIS's appeal of the decision was denied in 2012.
- Nadinne I. Cruz
- Sean Esbjörn-Hargens
- Stanislav Grof
- Will Hall
- Joanna Macy
- Robert A. McDermott
- Brian Swimme
- Richard Tarnas
- Judith Tyberg
- Alan Watts
- Joe Bavonese
- "From the American Academy of Asian Studies to the California Institute of Integral Studies"
- "WASC: Statement of Accreditation Status, California Institute of Integral Studies". Directory.wascsenior.org. 2013-11-14. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- Accredited Programs in Clinical Psychology , American Psychological Association. Accessed online January 25, 2013.
- CoA Statement and CIIS Response to Revocation of Accreditation [dead link], American Psychological Association. Accessed online January 25, 2013. Archived Version
- "All Approved Doctoral Programs Listed by Jurisdiction". National Register of Health Service Providers in Psychology. Retrieved 8 September 2014.
This program’s accreditation has been revoked. (Under Appeal)