California International Business University
California International Business University (CIBU) was founded in 1995 as a non-profit, private university in San Diego, California, USA. The university is located in the Little Italy section of downtown San Diego. CIBU is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). The university offers a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), a Master of Business Administration (MBA), a Master of Science in International Management (MSIM), and upper division classes leading to a Bachelor of Science in Management (BS).
California International Business University (CIBU) was founded in 1995 as International School of Management (ISM), a California Nonprofit corporation. In 2002, to reduce confusion with similarly-named institutions, ISM changed its name to The California School of International Management (CSIM). In 2008, due to accreditation and addition of the doctorate program, CSIM was changed to California International Business University.
CIBU is one of only few nationally accredited, private, international universities. It seeks for qualified individual students and global partnerships with recognized universities and colleges. CIBU prides itself in offering personal attention from professors in small classes, and a variety of academic support programs and services. CIBU is a business school with a true international character as students representing more than 80 countries have attended its programs. This provides students with the opportunity to experience a diverse multi-national environment as they pursue their educational objectives accompanied by a contemporary entrepreneurial spirit.[promotion?]
California International Business University’s mission is to advance the standards for evidence-based improvement of student learning and practical educational experiences through critical thinking, cultural intelligence and analytic competence in preparing graduates to excel in an entrepreneurial environment and a maturing global market.[promotion?]
California International Business University’s approval to operate in the State of California is based on provisions of the California Private Postsecondary Education Act (CPPEA) of 2009, which was effective until January 31, 2014. The Act is administered by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education, under the Department of Consumers Affairs.
CIBU offers both degree and non-degree programs, which include:
- Bachelor of Science in Management (BS) Upper Division in
- Master of Science in International Management (MSIM)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA)
- Standard English Intensive (ESL)
- Business Fundamentals & Skills
- Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages Certificate (TESOL)
CIBU offers customized experiential study opportunities for its students.
- Silicon Valley Practical Entrepreneurship
- Southern California Fashion, Entertainment
- San Diego Entrepreneurship and Local Business Community
CIBU offers education for executives, including an International Business Certificate.
- "California Postsecondary Education Commission". Retrieved May 11, 2011.
- "CIBU". Retrieved May 11, 2011.
- "CIBU Programs". Retrieved May 11, 2011.
- "U.S. Department of Education Database of Accredited Postsecondary Institutions and Programs". ope.ed.gov. Retrieved 2016-06-23.
- "ACICS Member Directory". personify.acics.org. Retrieved 2016-06-23.
- "California International Business University". Study in the States. 2014-03-27. Retrieved 2016-06-23.