California International Business University
California International Business University (CIBU) is a non-profit, provisionally accredited, private university in San Diego, California, USA. The university is located in the Little Italy section of downtown San Diego. CIBU was accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS). The university offers a Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), a Master of Business Administration (MBA), a Master of Science in International Management (MSIM), and upper division classes leading to a Bachelor of Science in Management (BS).
ACICS lost its status as recognized accreditor on December 12, 2016. The university is approved to receive Title IV funding under a provisional Program Participation Agreement for 18 months beginning December 12, 2016 while it is seeking a new accreditor.
California International Business University (CIBU) was founded in 1995 as International School of Management (ISM), a California Nonprofit corporation. In 2002, to reduce confusion with similarly-named institutions, ISM changed its name to The California School of International Management (CSIM). In 2008, due to accreditation and addition of the doctorate program, CSIM was changed to California International Business University.
CIBU offers both degree and non-degree programs, which include:
- Bachelor of Science in Management (BS) Upper Division in
- Master of Science in International Management (MSIM)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA)
- Standard English Intensive (ESL)
- Business Fundamentals & Skills
- Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages Certificate (TESOL)
CIBU offers customized experiential study opportunities for its students.
- Silicon Valley Practical Entrepreneurship
- Southern California Fashion, Entertainment
- San Diego Entrepreneurship and Local Business Community
CIBU offers education for executives, including an International Business Certificate.
- "ACICS Loss of Accreditation Recognition". Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- "California Postsecondary Education Commission". Retrieved May 11, 2011.
- "CIBU". Retrieved May 11, 2011.
- "CIBU Programs". Retrieved May 11, 2011.
- "Accreditation Details". Dept of Education. Retrieved 20 April 2017.
- U.S. Department of Education Database of Accredited Postsecondary Institutions and Programs
- "Education Department Establishes Enhanced Federal Aid Participation Requirements for ACICS-accredited Colleges". Retrieved 14 December 2016.