California Management Review
|California Management Review|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Cal. Manag. Rev.|
|Edited by||David Vogel|
University of California Press (United States)
California Management Review is a quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal on management that is affiliated with the Walter A. Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley. It was established in 1958 and covers the field of business, emphasizing strategy and organization, global competition and competitiveness, and business and public policy. The journal also publishes occasional special issues, covering a particular topic. Since July 2011, the journal is published by the University of California Press. The editor-in-chief is David Vogel (University of California, Berkeley).
The journal also manages the Berkeley-Haas Case Series, a collection of business case studies written by Haas School of Business faculty and intended for use in educational settings.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in the Social Sciences Citation Index, Current Contents/Social & Behavioral Sciences, and Scopus. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2013 impact factor of 1.944.
Best Article Award
Each year, the journal selects an article from the past volume to receive the annual "Best Article Award". Articles are initially judged by the editorial board. The final selection is made by a panel of business executives based on originality, relevance, and contribution to the study and practice of management. Along with a cash prize, the authors of the award-winning article are invited to Haas School to give a public lecture.
- "California Management Review". University of California Press.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2015-03-11.
- "Content overview". Scopus. Elsevier. Retrieved 2015-03-11.
- "California Management Review". 2013 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2014.
- "California Management Review Best Article Award". California Management Review. Walter A. Haas School of Business.