California Points of Historical Interest
California Points of Historical Interest are sites, buildings, features, or events that are of local (city or county) significance and have anthropological, cultural, military, political, architectural, economic, scientific or technical, religious, experimental, or other value. By contrast, California Historical Landmarks are buildings, structures, sites, or places in California with statewide historical significance that meet certain criteria.
Points of Historical Interest designated after December 1997 and recommended by the State Historical Resources Commission are listed in the California Register of Historical Resources.
No historical resource may be designated as both a Landmark and a Point. If a Point is subsequently granted status as a Landmark, the Point designation will be retired.
To be eligible for designation as a Point of Historical Interest, a resource must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- The first, last, only, or most significant of its type within the local geographic region (City or County).
- Associated with an individual or group having a profound influence on the history of the local area.
- A prototype of, or an outstanding example of, a period, style, architectural movement or construction or is one of the more notable works or the best surviving work in the local region of a pioneer architect, designer or master builder.
- Bob's Big Boy Restaurant of Burbank, California (est. 1949, designated 1993)
- Confusion Hill (est. 1949, designated 2010)
- Forest Theater (est. 1910)
- Golden Bough Playhouse (est. 1952)
- Highland Springs Resort (est. 1884)
- Moss Beach Distillery (est. 1927)
- Old Santa Susana Stage Road
- Virginia Robinson Gardens
- California Historical Landmark
- List of California Historical Landmarks
- California Register of Historical Resources
- Bob's Big Boy of Burbank menu, January 2007.
- "Highland Springs Resort". Hsresort.com. 2012-09-06. Retrieved 2014-06-18.
- "California Historical Landmark, the Moss Beach Distillery". Mossbeachdistillery.com. Retrieved 2014-06-18.
- "Santa Susana Stage Road". Office of Historic Preservation, California State Parks.
- "Six Beverly Hills Properties Named Local Historic Landmarks". Beverly Hills Courier. January 30, 2013. Retrieved August 15, 2014.
- Johnson, Marael (1995). Why Stop? A Guide to California Roadside Historical Markers. Houston, TX: Gulf Publishing Company. p. 213. ISBN 9780884159230. OCLC 32168093.