California State Route 129
SR 129 highlighted in red
|Defined by Streets and Highways Code § 429|
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length||14.095 mi (22.684 km)|
|West end||SR 1 near Watsonville|
|East end||US 101 near San Juan Bautista|
|Counties||Santa Cruz, San Benito|
The route begins at State Route 1 with an interchange. SR 129 does not cross into Santa Clara County but the road comes within 700-900 feet of the Santa Cruz-San Clara County line. The road then heads northeast into the town of Watsonville along Riverside Road, where it intersects County Route G12. Heading eastward out of town, SR 129 roughly parallels the Pajaro River along the Santa Cruz-San Benito County line before entering San Benito County near Chittenden. Crossing the Pajaro River, the road runs southeast along Chittenden road to end at U.S. Route 101.
SR 129 near SR 1 is part of the National Highway System, a network of highways that are considered essential to the country's economy, defense, and mobility by the Federal Highway Administration.
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, based on the alignment that existed at the time, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then, M indicates a second realignment, L refers an overlap due to a correction or change, and T indicates postmiles classified as temporary (for a full list of prefixes, see the list of postmile definitions). Segments that remain unconstructed or have been relinquished to local control may be omitted. The numbers reset at county lines; the start and end postmiles in each county are given in the county column.
|||L0.00||SR 1 – Castroville, Santa Cruz||Interchange; west end of SR 129|
|Watsonville||||CR G12 (Main Street, to SR 152) – Pajaro|
|||7.20||Rogge Lane – Aromas|
|||R2.64||US 101||Interchange; east end of SR 129|
|||R2.64||Chittenden Road||Continuation beyond US 101|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- California Department of Transportation. "State Truck Route List". Sacramento: California Department of Transportation. Archived from the original (XLS file) on June 30, 2015. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- Microsoft; Nokia (February 6, 2011). "SR 129" (Map). Bing Maps. Microsoft. Retrieved February 6, 2011.
- Federal Highway Administration (March 25, 2015). National Highway System: Santa Cruz, CA (PDF) (Map). Scale not given. Washington, DC: Federal Highway Administration. Retrieved September 30, 2017.
- Natzke, Stefan; Neathery, Mike & Adderly, Kevin (June 20, 2012). "What is the National Highway System?". National Highway System. Washington, DC: Federal Highway Administration. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- California Department of Transportation (July 2007). "Log of Bridges on State Highways". Sacramento: California Department of Transportation.
- California Department of Transportation, All Traffic Volumes on CSHS Archived July 21, 2011, at the Wayback Machine, 2006
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to California State Route 129.|