California State Route 165
|Defined by Streets and Highways Code § 465|
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length||38.27 mi (61.59 km)|
|South end||I-5 near Los Banos|
| SR 33 / SR 152 in Los Banos|
SR 140 near Stevinson
CR J18 near Hilmar
|North end||SR 99 / CR J14 in Turlock|
State Route 165 begins at the junction of Interstate 5 south of Los Banos and heads north on a rural two-lane highway known as Mercey Springs Road. The highway crosses the California Aqueduct north of Interstate 5 and enters Los Banos several miles later. It meets up with SR 152 and SR 33, known locally as Pacheco Boulevard. After leaving Los Banos, the highway then runs right through the San Luis National Wildlife Refuge and skirts the Great Valley Grasslands State Park to the west while crossing the San Joaquin River. At this point, the highway is known as Lander Avenue and meets up with SR 140 near Stevinson. It crosses the Merced River en route to Hilmar, then crosses into Stanislaus County for a short while, ending at SR 99 in Turlock.
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, based on the alignment that existed at the time, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then, M indicates a second realignment, L refers an overlap due to a correction or change, and T indicates postmiles classified as temporary ( ). Segments that remain unconstructed or have been relinquished to local control may be omitted. The numbers reset at county lines; the start and end postmiles in each county are given in the county column.
|||L0.00||I-5 (Westside Freeway) – Sacramento, Los Angeles||Interchange; south end of SR 165|
|Los Banos||8.79||SR 152 / SR 33 (Pacheco Boulevard) to I-5 north – Gilroy, Fresno|
|||26.87||SR 140 – Merced, Gustine|
|||30.18||CR J18 east (West Side Boulevard)||South end of CR J18 overlap|
|||30.18||CR J18 west (River Road)||North end of CR J18 overlap|
|Hilmar||33.37||Bloss Avenue – Livingston, Merced|
|Turlock||1.55||SR 99 – Sacramento, Los Angeles||Interchange; north end of SR 165|
|1.55||CR J14 (Lander Avenue)||Continuation beyond SR 99|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- California Department of Transportation (April 2008). "Log of Bridges on State Highways". Sacramento: California Department of Transportation.
- Merced, Atwater & Los Banos - Merced County (Map). Compass Maps.
- ACME Mapper 2.0 (Map). Tele Atlas. Retrieved 2008-10-01.
- Federal Highway Administration (March 25, 2015). National Highway System: California (South) (PDF) (Map). Scale not given. Washington, DC: Federal Highway Administration. Retrieved September 17, 2017.
- Natzke, Stefan; Neathery, Mike & Adderly, Kevin (June 20, 2012). "What is the National Highway System?". National Highway System. Washington, DC: Federal Highway Administration. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- California Department of Transportation. "State Truck Route List". Sacramento: California Department of Transportation. Archived from the original (XLS file) on June 30, 2015. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- California Department of Transportation, All Traffic Volumes on CSHS, 2007
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to California State Route 165.|