California State Route 167
|Pole Line Road|
Map of Mono County in eastern California with SR 167 highlighted in red
|Defined by Streets and Highways Code § 467|
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length:||21.331 mi (34.329 km)|
|West end:||US 395 near Lundy|
|East end:||SR 359 towards Hawthorne, NV|
State Route 167 (SR 167) is a state highway in the U.S. state of California in Mono County. From U.S. Route 395 it runs north of Mono Lake eastward to the Nevada state line where it meets State Route 359. At the west point of this highway, it runs almost directly east to west, and can be seen almost 15 miles (24 km) into the distance as a straight line.
SR 167 begins with an at-grade intersection with U.S. Route 395. The road then heads northeastward in a straight line, moving slightly north of the north shore of Mono Lake. The route continues in a straight line through a barren landscape in Mono County where it intersects Dobie Meadows Road. SR 167 meets its eastern terminus at the Nevada state line. The road continues as Nevada State Route 359 through Mineral County.
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, based on the alignment that existed at the time, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then, M indicates a second realignment, L refers an overlap due to a correction or change, and T indicates postmiles classified as temporary (for a full list of prefixes, see the list of postmile definitions). Segments that remain unconstructed or have been relinquished to local control may be omitted. The entire route is in Mono County.
|Pole Line Junction||0.00||Lundy Lake Road||Continuation beyond US 395|
|0.00||US 395 – Lee Vining, Bridgeport||West end of SR 167|
|||21.33||SR 359 – Hawthorne||Continuation beyond the Nevada state line; east end of SR 167|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- California Department of Transportation. "State Truck Route List". Sacramento: California Department of Transportation. Archived from the original (XLS file) on June 30, 2015. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- CA Codes (shc:250-257)
- CA Codes (shc:260-284)
- Microsoft; Nokia (2011-01-19). "SR 167" (Map). Bing Maps. Microsoft. Retrieved 2011-01-19.
- California Department of Transportation, Log of Bridges on State Highways, July 2007
- California Department of Transportation, All Traffic Volumes on CSHS Archived July 21, 2011, at the Wayback Machine., 2006
Route map: Google
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to California State Route 167.|
- California Highways: Route 167
- California @ AARoads.com - State Route 167
- Caltrans: Route 167 highway conditions
|This California road-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|