California State Route 189
|Lakes Gregory Drive|
Map of San Bernardino County in southern California with SR 189 highlighted in red
|Defined by Streets and Highways Code § 489|
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length:||5.565 mi (8.956 km)|
|West end:||SR 18 near Crestline|
|East end:||SR 173 in Lake Arrowhead|
SR 189 begins at Lake Gregory Drive approximately twenty feet north of State Route 18, between the community of Arrowhead Highlands to the west and the community of Rimforest to the east. It wends its way northeastward to the community of Twin Peaks. It continues roughly eastward through Twin Peaks to the community of Agua Fria (Spanish, cold water), where it forms a tee with the northern terminus of Daley Canyon Road. It turns northeast and continues from there through the downtown section of the community of Blue Jay. It ends at State Route 173 in the Village area of the community of Lake Arrowhead.
In 1933, a road from Strawberry Peak to the road between Cajon Pass and Lake Arrowhead was added to the state highway system. It was given the number of Route 189 in 1935. The route was unchanged by the 1964 state highway renumbering.
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, based on the alignment that existed at the time, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then, M indicates a second realignment, L refers an overlap due to a correction or change, and T indicates postmiles classified as temporary (for a full list of prefixes, see the list of postmile definitions). Segments that remain unconstructed or have been relinquished to local control may be omitted. The entire route is in San Bernardino County.
|||0.00||SR 18 / Lake Gregory Drive – San Bernardino, Lake Gregory||West end of SR 189|
|||3.09||Daley Canyon Road – Big Bear City|
|Lake Arrowhead||5.57||SR 173||East end of SR 189|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- California Department of Transportation. "State Truck Route List". Sacramento: California Department of Transportation. Archived from the original (XLS file) on June 30, 2015. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- California State Assembly. "An act to amend sections 2, 3 and 5 and to add two sections to be numbered 6 and 7 to an act entitled 'An act to provide for the acquisition of rights of way for and the construction, maintenance...". Fiftieth Session of the Legislature. Statutes of California. State of California. Ch. 767.
- California State Assembly. "An act...relating to State highways". Fifty-first Session of the Legislature. Statutes of California. State of California. Ch. 274.
- California State Assembly. "An act to add Section 253 and Article 3 (commencing with Section 300) to Chapter 2 of Division 1 of, and to repeal Section 253 and Article 3 (commencing with Section 300) of Chapter 2 of Division 1 of, the...". 1963 Session of the Legislature. Statutes of California. State of California. Ch. 385.
- California Department of Transportation, Log of Bridges on State Highways, July 2007
- California Department of Transportation, All Traffic Volumes on CSHS, 2005 and 2006
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to California State Route 189.|