California State Route 200
Map of Humboldt County in northwestern California with SR 200 highlighted in red
|Defined by Streets and Highways Code § 500|
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length:||2.681 mi (4.315 km)|
|West end:||US 101 near McKinleyville|
|East end:||SR 299 near Blue Lake|
State Route 200 (SR 200) is a state highway in the U.S. state of California near Arcata in Humboldt County. It is a cut-off connecting U.S. Route 101 and State Route 299. It runs along the north bank of the Mad River, to the north of the 101-299 junction.
The road begins with a complex interchange at U.S. Route 101 just north of Arcata, where entrance to US 101 and exit from the freeway are slightly separated. The road then heads eastward through a forested area in the Azalea State Reserve just north of the Mad River. The road continues to parallel the river with various roads branching off it until it reaches its eastern terminus at State Route 299, the Trinity Scenic Byway, with an interchange.
CA 200 was the old US 299 (formerly old CA 44).
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, based on the alignment that existed at the time, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then, M indicates a second realignment, L refers an overlap due to a correction or change, and T indicates postmiles classified as temporary (for a full list of prefixes, see the list of postmile definitions). Segments that remain unconstructed or have been relinquished to local control may be omitted. The entire route is in Humboldt County.
US 101 Bus. (Central Avenue) – McKinleyville
|Continuation beyond US 101|
|R0.00||US 101 – Crescent City, Eureka||Interchange; west end of SR 200|
|1.29||Azalea Avenue – Azalea State Reserve|
|||R2.68||SR 299 – Blue Lake, Arcata||Interchange; east end of SR 200|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- California Department of Transportation. "State Truck Route List". Sacramento: California Department of Transportation. Archived from the original (XLS file) on June 30, 2015. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- Microsoft; Nokia (2011-01-16). "SR 200" (Map). Bing Maps. Microsoft. Retrieved 2011-01-16.
- California Department of Transportation, Log of Bridges on State Highways, July 2007
- California Department of Transportation, All Traffic Volumes on CSHS, 2005 and 2006
Route map: Google
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to California State Route 200.|
- California @ AARoads.com - State Route 200
- Caltrans: Route 200 highway conditions
- California Highways: SR 200
|This California road-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|