California State Route 216
Map of Tulare County in central California with SR 216 highlighted in red
|Defined by Streets and Highways Code § 516|
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length:||18.275 mi (29.411 km)|
|West end:||SR 198 in Visalia|
|East end:||SR 198 near Woodlake|
The route begins at State Route 198 in Visalia with an interchange. It then continues to Ivanhoe, where it meets County Route J34. As it continues through Tulare County, it enters Woodlake, where it meets State Route 245. It then meets County Route J21 before meeting its north end at State Route 198.
The portion of SR 216 in the Visalia city limits is part of the National Highway System, a network of highways that are considered essential to the country's economy, defense, and mobility by the Federal Highway Administration.
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, based on the alignment that existed at the time, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then, M indicates a second realignment, L refers an overlap due to a correction or change, and T indicates postmiles classified as temporary (for a full list of prefixes, see the list of postmile definitions). Segments that remain unconstructed or have been relinquished to local control may be omitted. The entire route is in Tulare County.
|Visalia||R0.00||SR 198 / Lovers Lane (CR J15 south)||Interchange; SR 198 exit 108; west end of CR J15 overlap|
|||Houston Avenue (CR J15 north) / Lovers Lane||east end of CR J15 overlap|
|||||To SR 198 / Road 158 (CR J23 south)||west end of CR J23 overlap|
|Ivanhoe||6.95||Avenue 328 (CR J23 north) / Road 160||east end of CR J23 overlap|
|Hillmaid||||Road 196 (CR J27)|
|Woodlake||14.01||SR 245 (Valencia Boulevard)||roundabout|
|||18.67||Dry Creek Drive (CR J21) - Badger, Pinehurst|
|||19.24||SR 198 (Sierra Drive) – Three Rivers, Sequoia Park, Lemon Cove|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- California Department of Transportation. "State Truck Route List". Sacramento: California Department of Transportation. Archived from the original (XLS file) on June 30, 2015. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- Federal Highway Administration (March 25, 2015). National Highway System: Visalia, CA (PDF) (Map). Scale not given. Washington, DC: Federal Highway Administration. Retrieved September 9, 2017.
- Natzke, Stefan; Neathery, Mike & Adderly, Kevin (June 20, 2012). "What is the National Highway System?". National Highway System. Washington, DC: Federal Highway Administration. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- California Department of Transportation (July 2007). "Log of Bridges on State Highways". Sacramento: California Department of Transportation.
- California Department of Transportation, All Traffic Volumes on CSHS Archived July 21, 2011, at the Wayback Machine., 2006
Route map: Google
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to California State Route 216.|