California State Route 219
Map of Stanislaus County in central California with SR 219 highlighted in red
|Defined by Streets and Highways Code § 519|
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length:||4.7 mi (7.6 km)|
|West end:||SR 99 in Salida|
|East end:||SR 108 near Modesto|
The route begins at an interchange with SR 99 in Salida. It then heads east, out of the city, as Kiernan Avenue. The east end of SR 219 is at State Route 108 in Stanislaus County, due north of Modesto. Other than Salida, the route runs through rural farmland and does not connect between any population centers.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2012)|
In 2009, 2.25 miles (3.62 km) of SR 219 were expanded to 4 lanes with a center median. As of November 2010, a study is underway to determine the feasibility of reconstructing the State Route 99/State Route 219 interchange to handle projected future demand.
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, based on the alignment that existed at the time, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then, M indicates a second realignment, L refers an overlap due to a correction or change, and T indicates postmiles classified as temporary (for a full list of prefixes, see the list of postmile definitions). Segments that remain unconstructed or have been relinquished to local control may be omitted. The entire route is in Stanislaus County.
|Salida||0.12||Broadway||Continuation beyond SR 99|
|0.12||SR 99||Interchange; west end of SR 219|
|||4.86||SR 108 (McHenry Avenue) – Riverbank, Modesto||East end of SR 219|
|||4.86||Claribel Road||Continuation beyond SR 108|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- California Department of Transportation. "State Truck Route List". Sacramento: California Department of Transportation. Archived from the original (XLS file) on June 30, 2015. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- California Road Atlas (Map). Thomas Brothers. 2008.
- "State Route 99/State Route 219 (Kiernan Avenue) Interchange Reconstruction Project" (PDF). Caltrans. November 2010. Retrieved February 12, 2012.
- California Department of Transportation, Log of Bridges on State Highways, July 2007
- California Department of Transportation, All Traffic Volumes on CSHS, 2006